Saw biker crash in front of me!!!

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, literally 7-10 meters in front of me around a bend the guy just dropped it. He must have hit the rear brake or something because the rear just gave way. Lots of sparks and bits flying around - messy!!!

After sliding a bit the bike hit the sidewalk with tremendous force. I had to go around the block in heavy traffic before I could assist the poor fellow.

Sad day... :eek:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Not nice seeing first hand just how vulnerable we are on bikes.

I saw a guy get beheaded 10 feet from me when he slid under a van.
That was over 20 years ago,but something I can still see crystal clear in my mind :(

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
He's fine, just a little shocked and bruised. His bike is not though! Wonder what he did, must have hit the rear brake by mistake or dropped one too many gears... :spank:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had two riders go down in front of me in the last two season on the street. One due to stupidity (he still refuses to try and actually LEARN how to ride) and the other was just recently due to gravel strewn across the road in a blind curve. There was nothing the 2nd guy could do and it was no fault of his own. Just one of those things. Still scary to watch, though. Thankfully, both of them were ok...just bumps and bruises.

That was over 20 years ago,but something I can still see crystal clear in my mind :(

Now THIS would completely have ended riding for me. LOL. There's absolutely no way I could see something like that and continue on. That's one of those things you wish your mind would forget, but the brain has a way of holding on to awful images for some reason.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Not nice seeing first hand just how vulnerable we are on bikes.

Something like that happened to a Merseyside chap whilst riding through Wales, then that sick Chief Constable of North Wales used photos of his accident on his speed safety campaigns! and also without permission! :shakehead::rant:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Something like that happened to a Merseyside chap whilst riding through Wales, then that sick Chief Constable of North Wales used photos of his accident on his speed safety campaigns! and also without permission! :shakehead::rant:

I remember that.

I was actually in stationary traffic,when I saw the guy on the bike die.
The car in front of me had stopped to let the van out of a turning and some fella on a BMW tourer came screaming up the middle of the road,locked the front up (It was raining) and ended up going under the Transit.When I jumped out to help him,his body was on the far side of the van but his helmet was still underneath.It was only when I could see the amount of blood and shape of his body I realized he had been decapitated.

The accident investigation revealed that he had been travelling at nearly 60 in a 30 zone and bizarrely enough,the handlebar had caught in the chin part of his helmet and the sudden stop had done the damage..

Ride safe peeps.