Safety Video from the Marine Corps

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very well-done 7-minute safety video that the Marines put together. An interesting tack is that they spent a third of the video talking about what they say is the #1 best way to improve your riding: ride in the dirt.

Semper Ride | MarinesTV

I think that this will be a more effective video for young marines since they got actual famous people to put out the message. I always found it lame for some guy who has never ridden before to lecture me about motorcycles. Good job Marine Corps.

That's a damn good video with a lot of good information really. I remember many people failing the course on the base MULTIPLE times. I agree that a lot of people try to get the biggest, baddest, fastest as their first bike. To each their own but I wish some people would think a little more about it.

Ride safe! :thumbup:

dirt riding is the BEST way to learn how to ride. hitting 60-70 foot doubles etc teaches you how to respect a bike and you learn great throttle control along with "oh $#!t" braking

Outstanding find, Botch..... I will make a point of spreading this message far and wide.

"You're an idiot, if you're not wearing gear."

Last edited:
Outstanding video! They hit the nail on the head with their message. :thumbup:

I did have a Soldier who rode motocross for several years, buy a CBR600 and crash it nicely. Jacked up his ankle real bad. Just because you can ride a dirt bike well doesn't mean you have the skills for the street, two vastly different animals.

Back