Saddlebag / Passenger Leg Room

G

guyd78

I was set on getting a tankbag to hold my DSLR bag and tool kit on day trips and overnighters. I placed a tankbag from the local shop on the bike, and it looked ok. My problem is it very slightly scratched my tank, and this was after I was being as careful as I could. The mark on the tank isn't bad, but I'm worried about prolonged use.

Now I'm thinking that the extra storage would be nice to have by going with soft saddlebags instead. I searched the forum and got some different ideas for bags to get. My question concerns passenger leg room. I ride 2-up frequently, and I'm curious which (if any) soft saddlebags look good on the FZ6 while still providing sufficient passenger leg room? My wife is shorter at 5'4", so there isn't going to be much room for error. I usually wear my backpack during the week for commuting, but that doesn't work when the wife is riding with me, and I don't want her to have to wear it as that would not be comfortable for her on the longer rides.

Any ideas? Oh yeah, I know I could go with a rear topcase, but those just don't suit my tastes. It's just something about them that I don't like the looks of. I guess if it comes down to it I might have to go that route - reluctantly.

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the bags from Motopak. They give quite a bit of storage, attach pretty good (although they sag without some sort of metal support behind them). My wife has ridden on the back with them on and she said it was fine, although they weren't packed up with stuff. Shes 5'7".

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Teknic bags that were talked about on here for a while. The way I had them mounted they pretty much blocked off the passenger foot pegs. IDK if I could find a way to move them back or not. I don't use them very often anymore since I have a hard trunk now.

G

guyd78

Hey all. I found a good sales price on both the Cortech Sport and Fieldsheer Expander saddlebags. I read through the numerous reviews on this site and both seem to be of very good quality. Even with all of the reviews though, I haven't seen anyone post anything in regards to either of these bags and passenger comfort. I know the straps will need to be run under the seat, and I think that will be ok. Hopefully neither of them cover the rear foot peg by being too long or being attached to far forward. Anyone have either of these saddlebags and ride 2-up frequently?