sad, sad day

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha to Triumph eh? Enjoy the faulty electronics and leaking fluids! Just kidding, a bit. I've got my eye on a Street Triple R. Just wish they were as stone reliable as the FZ6.

Tim

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha to Triumph eh? Enjoy the faulty electronics and leaking fluids! Just kidding, a bit. I've got my eye on a Street Triple R. Just wish they were as stone reliable as the FZ6.

Tim

As one who owns a STR, they are as stone reliable as the FZ6. I have to 20k miles on mine and only had a faulty stator early in the ownership. Otherwise, has been an event-free 20k!

Also, the leaking fluids you refer to is the Triumph of the 1960s-1970s. The old joke of "if your triumph isn't leaking oil, put more oil in it" doesn't really apply anymore.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of people get Trumpys. Great bikes. Their forum sucks though.

You'll be back :rockon:

Yeah, I go to their forum occassionally, but there is very little activity over there. Kind of sucks... thank g-d this place is still up and running!:rockon:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I go to their forum occassionally, but there is very little activity over there. Kind of sucks... thank g-d this place is still up and running!:rockon:

Not much activity but there are some knowledgeable people over there if you have any problems. I'll stay here tho!

I would gamble and say this is one of the, if not the, most vibrant motorcycle forums on the net!

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
its a factory special, Triumph never did that bike in that colour for sale, so was previously owned by a Triumph Employee who were able to pick any colour they wanted from the range, its actually a colour that was designed for the speed triple

I totally recognize the color, I swear I've seen a Daytona in that gold.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, yep I have:

golddaytona.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice bike!!! Congratulations. And yes, please stick around, some of the nicest people here don't own their FZ6's anymore. (And we still let them hang around!!) :BLAA:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
As one who owns a STR, they are as stone reliable as the FZ6. I have to 20k miles on mine and only had a faulty stator early in the ownership. Otherwise, has been an event-free 20k!

Also, the leaking fluids you refer to is the Triumph of the 1960s-1970s. The old joke of "if your triumph isn't leaking oil, put more oil in it" doesn't really apply anymore.

I've been reading the STR forums and there is a LOT of talk about failed regulator\rectifiers. The latest model has the beefed up MOSFET unit which seems much more reliable. Still, there are many more posts about problems than I find here.

Tim

minimad

Reaction score
Visit site
Im going to be sure to hang around, always enjoyed this forum so your not getting rid of me, anseems like i made a good choice of replacement for the FZ6

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been reading the STR forums and there is a LOT of talk about failed regulator\rectifiers. The latest model has the beefed up MOSFET unit which seems much more reliable. Still, there are many more posts about problems than I find here.

Tim

Not since 2005 models. Been good since then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

Tim

One could argue the same about the FZ6 and it's clunky shifter, on-off switch throttle, and throttle position sensor issues. Yet we all know that this got fixed rather quickly and no subsequent years had the issue. Like Kazza said, this issue has mostly been rectified (pun intended) on the newer models from Triumph.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I walked into a Triumph dealership yesterday, and saw the New Speed Triple in the flesh for the first time, and i gotta say, i really prefer the outgoing model, with the round headlight's....

Still, very nice bikes....i wonder why Yamaha owners are so attracted to Triumph's...is it that Triumph's, and Yamaha attract a similar sort of person???

:thumbup:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I walked into a Triumph dealership yesterday, and saw the New Speed Triple in the flesh for the first time, and i gotta say, i really prefer the outgoing model, with the round headlight's....

Still, very nice bikes....i wonder why Yamaha owners are so attracted to Triumph's...is it that Triumph's, and Yamaha attract a similar sort of person???

:thumbup:

I agree with ya - the new headlights... Urgh. They look a bit try hard, as opposed to the raw manliness of the old headlights. I train with a bloke who test rides for triumph and raced for aprillia, yamaha, metzeller and dunlop, and he LOVES the new headlights. I'm not so much a fan.