Sac Area

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone in the Sacramento area who wants to do a ride up into the hills? There are some great roads up around Grass Valley, Truckee, Tahoe, and everywhere in between.

This is just a feeler to see who is out there and who would want to join me if I planned something.

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm up here in Reno, alpinematt and yamaha rider87 are up here as well. I would love meet you somewhere in between for a ride.

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm up here in Reno, alpinematt and yamaha rider87 are up here as well. I would love meet you somewhere in between for a ride.

I was just up near there not too long ago, rode up 70 to 395 through Hallelujah Junction and back down through Susanville.

I want to do a ride around Tahoe, like a lake tour before it snows this year with stops in Truckee, Tahoe City, and South Tahoe.

Any ideas?

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to live in susanville. Anyways yeah that sounds like it would be good. If you can get a few guys from down there I think the guys from up here would want to go. We could meet in South Lake Tahoe and do a ride around it. You could go up 50 straight to south lake. We could go down to minden and shoot up the 207. Lets try and get something together!

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the only fizzer rider I know around here :( I'll have to start following any other ones I see. I'll go into stalker mode and try recruiting (scaring away) some people.

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha sounds... good? I've seen a couple other fz's around here, never got a chance to talk to them. I'm sure there are quite a few down in sac. Have you tried searching them?

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha sounds... good? I've seen a couple other fz's around here, never got a chance to talk to them. I'm sure there are quite a few down in sac. Have you tried searching them?

I don't live in Sac proper, I live about 80 miles north. It's pretty quiet out here and not enough to support any kind of motorcycle group.

Hi there,

I am a pretty new rider and I live in the grass valley area.
I would love to get together for a ride

Good! There's no better way to get used to the bike than a casual ride in the mountains where you can relax and enjoy the view.

What if we make a tentative date of Oct 25th for a ride?

Last edited:

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
Oct. 25 sounds good to me!! I'm up for a ride anywhere between here and sacramento. Up around sierraville is very nice. Virginia city is also nice, just a short ride. Tahoe is always a nice ride.

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
I live south of Sac about 20 miles. I rarely ride in the Sac area as I work in the Bay Area. Let me know if you are going to do a ride and I will see if I can make it.

Symba2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I live south of Sac about 20 miles. I rarely ride in the Sac area as I work in the Bay Area. Let me know if you are going to do a ride and I will see if I can make it.

heheh.. I guess the Oct 25th thing didn't quite go through, eh?

I live in the Bay Area (Oakland'ish)... which puts me about nearly 100 miles from Sac. If the date is setup far enough in advance, I could make it out for a ride.

I'll probably be the last one of the pack due to my lack of experience... especially in mountain riding :eek:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Let's put together a spring ride on Mosquito Ridge out of Foresthill (30 miles east of Sac.). It is sport bike riding heaven.