rust drops on tank

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys, i have noticed that after i wash the bike or I'm caught in a heavy rain fall, after the bike dries and or several hours later that i find what appears to be a rust dropping on my tank which is coming from my turn light/ horn switches. that question of course is how would you prevent this. i was thinking about taking some wd-40 and then some die elec grease to the switch.:wav:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have a problem with that and by the way, Thanks for bring that experience to us. It will help keep a few exra hairs on our head when we start scatchin N wonderin what those rust spots are.
WD-40 sounds good and I can only assume you're talking about greasing the internals of the switch.
Sorry for the delay in answering. We still have Ice on my ears after the kids stuck all those sparklers in my ears and lit them. Hahahaha!:D

Later
Cliff

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Take the switch apart and look inside, it's only 2 screws.

unleased1287

Reaction score
Visit site
what is sounds like to me is that ur screws r rusting that hold the top and bottom of the switch there shouldn't be anything else metal or it would ground out and not work what i would do is take it apart clean it out and take the women's clear finger nail polish and put it where the two pieces connect so water wont get in it and then put ur screws back in it and then put a dab of it on the screw heads should stop rusting for u and cheap.

nate

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the idea's. if the problum continues ill take the switch apart. what i tried was the wd-40 and then some silicon spray that says its water proof. (yes the internals nccoder)