royal purple oil filter?

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
here we go again another oil/filter thread, lol :innocent: . i did do a search on this topic thou and didn't come up with anything.

anyway, while i was at work (pep boys)today i noticed we are now stocking royal purple oil filters. i was wondering if anyone has some specs on this filter. i did a google search and didn't come up with anything except that they are believed to be made by champion. i did a cross ref from my normal filter pure one 14610 to a royal purple ph2867. the box says it has a 99% efficiency, but it didn't say if thats a first or multi pass efficiency.

i already run royal purple max cycle oil and was just wondering if the $14 purple filter is really any better than a $6, 98% first pass pure one. what do you think ladies and gents?

W

wrightme43

Well since Champion makes the Bosch, Supertech, and Mobil one filters and they are all top notch filters with wildly varing prices but about the same efficencies and construction, I would say its a great filter with a super extra lot of profit built in.

Check it out.

Motorcycle Oil and Filters

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: \"YOU THE MAN ANT\"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Not really, but I didn't like the blue filter on a utherwise black frame. The paint really holds up well and looks great. I'm still on my original can of paint, and have 3 painted filters sitting in the shed waiting for install. I say paint it whatever color you like and ride on!

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
the royal purple filter comes in well---purple. but like ant says - just paint it.
i spray my filters flat black to match the frame, for the whole $3 a can of paint.

W

wrightme43

I have been diggin on the whole insanely ugly yellow of the pure one now though. I get lots of questions about it, so then I can tell them so I will know if it fell off.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I was going through the oil filter cross-ref stage, I read on the net that the Champion mfg filters were very good, and this guy who was blogging said that the Super-Tech at Walmart was basically the same as the more expensive variety. But my Walmart stopped carrying Super-Tech, so I went the the PureOne 14610l. Yea its yellow, but WFC, I'm with Wrightme43, too much trouble to paint for fashion.

I guess I would say, don't spend the money on the Purple Filter, the difference in cost is more than a quart of Syn Oil for your next change. JMO.