Rossi Laughs Off Honda Rumours

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard the commentators during qualifying saying that Rossi had been linked with Gresini Honda for the rest of the season. Others are at least giving him the rest of this season on Ducati...

Valentino Rossi pooh-poohed rumours that surfaced during the summer break that he had approached Honda for a machine for next year, planning to bale out of his second year of the Ducati contract that has so far yielded little in the way of results. The rumours broke when former GP rider Marco Melandri was quoted as saying that Rossi had contacted Fausto Gresini.

“I read the reports, from my new manager, the Superbike rider Marco Melandri” Rossi said at the Czech Republic GP. “He knows very well all things about my decision for next year.”

When the laughter subsided, he was unequivocal.

“I have a contract with Ducati for next year. If Melandri agrees.”

Some suspected him of being disingenuous. Asked if he had approached Honda for the year after that, when he would be free of ties, he said: “Sincerely, it is much too soon to be thinking of 2013.”

He admitted that there were times when he felt demotivated because of the results, “but when I am home I think we can fix our problems. If hope stops, then it becomes like work. It’s frustrating. But hope never dies.”

Michael Scott

Cycle News - August 16, 2011

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still find all of Rossi's backpedalling rather amusing....i bet him and Burgo wish they had never carried on like a pair of concieted tools earlier in the year, bagging Stoner, etc....

Cause they have done such a great job of making a bike that was winning races into an absolute waste of space on the Grid!

It was embarrasing watching Rossi on the weekend at Indianapolis.

As for Rossi going to Honda....They wouldnt have the overpriced superstar anymore, they have got at least 2 riders who ride better right now anyway.

Stoner was amazing to watch on the weekend, sliding the bike into, through, and out of corners, whilst wiping the floor with everyone....

Still it would of been interesting if Spies had not of got baulked on lap 1...cause he was the only one within a bulls roar of Stoners lap times during most of the race!

:D

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I still find all of Rossi's backpedalling rather amusing....i bet him and Burgo wish they had never carried on like a pair of concieted tools earlier in the year, bagging Stoner, etc....

Cause they have done such a great job of making a bike that was winning races into an absolute waste of space on the Grid!

It was embarrasing watching Rossi on the weekend at Indianapolis.

As for Rossi going to Honda....They wouldnt have the overpriced superstar anymore, they have got at least 2 riders who ride better right now anyway.

Stoner was amazing to watch on the weekend, sliding the bike into, through, and out of corners, whilst wiping the floor with everyone....

Still it would of been interesting if Spies had not of got baulked on lap 1...cause he was the only one within a bulls roar of Stoners lap times during most of the race!

:D

You should have been there! The crowd was pushing Ben so hard it gave you chills every time he rode by. It was awesome. And yeah, if it weren't for turn 4, second win of the season wouldn't have been a stretch.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe Melandri should concentrate a bit more about his racing than what's going on in a different racing series..
Could be he's trying to book a ticket back into MotoGP now that Yamaha pulled from WSBK;)