Room for New Yamaha FZ8 ?

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there going to be room for the 2011 Yamaha FZ8 on this forum ?

FZ8.jpg

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. I didn't think they were in the dealerships yet. Looks like they have been sold in other countries with the cowling already. Aftermarket parts too.

Hasn't been long since my accident. Not sure if I'm gonna pick up an 07-08 fz6 or a new FZ8.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the look. All it needs is FE kit and aftermarket pipe to really stand out (and look like everything else.. LOL ).

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the look. All it needs is FE kit and aftermarket pipe to really stand out (and look like everything else.. LOL ).

Haha. Yeah. I still like the FZ6 under tail exhaust better. It's a way cleaner look than a traditional pipe on the side. I use a large cortech textile bag on the rear seat and I like not having to worry bout it getting melted by a side pipe when its not full.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha. Yeah. I still like the FZ6 under tail exhaust better. It's a way cleaner look than a traditional pipe on the side. I use a large cortech textile bag on the rear seat and I like not having to worry bout it getting melted by a side pipe when its not full.
i realised underseat pipes no longer in 'trend'. its back to side mounted exhaust. when i had side mounted exhaust, i wanted underseat. now that i have underseat, i realised the advantages of side exhaust.

having it short like r6 (2006 onwards) is good, its cheaper to change to aftermarket exhaust, generally louder, and definitely lighter.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i realised underseat pipes no longer in 'trend'. its back to side mounted exhaust. when i had side mounted exhaust, i wanted underseat. now that i have underseat, i realised the advantages of side exhaust.

having it short like r6 (2006 onwards) is good, its cheaper to change to aftermarket exhaust, generally louder, and definitely lighter.

Shorty is even better. Completely out of the way and as light as can be.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com

I too enjoyed the look of the underseat; but I am not going to get another bike with that solution. Too much heat seeps into the seat. If you spend a lot of time on the bike, that will eventually create an issue I don't need to have.

Simple, light, and less expensive makes more sense to me any more.

Ground clearance isn't affected much, and if you have the shorty muffler with the pre-muffler setup, bag size shouldn't be affected at all.

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Side exhaust is cheaper and lighter. I used to have a YZF600R. I picked up a Vance and Hines Titanium slip on. Half the weight of the stocker and way louder. That thing had a sweet growl. I think that If I had loud pipes when I had my accident last month, i'm sure he would have heard me coming before he pulled out in front of me.

Lesson Learned. :spank: Loud pipes could save a life.

meggi46

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that such a sign doesn't exist :) I have seen it somewhere in the Internet, but couldn't find it now.
Yes I need it, because I am writing my diploma paper about the world of motorcyclists.
I want use this photo in my work but this is too small. If You can I will be very pleased.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know that such a sign doesn't exist :) I have seen it somewhere in the Internet, but couldn't find it now.
Yes I need it, because I am writing my diploma paper about the world of motorcyclists.
I want use this photo in my work but this is too small. If You can I will be very pleased.

How's this?

twistyb.jpg