Rolled past 60K on the clock!

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
Pulled off the road, snapped a pic, kept riding. Or so I thought. Turns out my phone didn't save the pic. Now I've got 61000 miles and who cares about a picture of that? :spank:

So instead I have a pic from a little multiday camping trip through Arkansas a couple weeks ago.
ArkansasTrip008.jpg

Last edited:

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
I have updated you into my exclusive 50,000 mile club.

I'm gaining on you!!! :rockon: Still got a few miles before I catch you though, hah! I'm thinking about moving to a 650 VStrom when I graduate though, I've whipped this poor bike from coast to coast and all over in between, and recently two up alot over the last 6 months. Still not decided on what to move to.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gaining on you!!! :rockon: Still got a few miles before I catch you though, hah! I'm thinking about moving to a 650 VStrom when I graduate though, I've whipped this poor bike from coast to coast and all over in between, and recently two up alot over the last 6 months. Still not decided on what to move to.

Congrats!!

I recently bought the newly redesigned V-Strom 650. Couldn't be happier. It's a such a versatile bike that I find myself riding it more than the FZ6.

The engine won't be winning any drag races anytime soon but it's not for that anyway. The bike ain't pretty for sure but once you sit on it you are staring at the road anyway so who cares.

It's sporty enough that I easily kept up with fellow FZ6 forum members on our recent Halloween ride together. Well at least in the twisties, I don't know how far I could keep up with them in a straight line race, but I still haven't broke in the engine so I have to keep it below 7k rpms.

Engines are pretty bulletproof too.

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Have the same bike-an '06 in red as well. This is awesome to hear yours is still in good shape after 60K. Mine's just over 11K, so looking forward to those miles!

By the way, is that an 80/20 rear I spy on there? Couldn't help but notice the ADV sticker on the helmet also...

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
Have the same bike-an '06 in red as well. This is awesome to hear yours is still in good shape after 60K. Mine's just over 11K, so looking forward to those miles!

By the way, is that an 80/20 rear I spy on there? Couldn't help but notice the ADV sticker on the helmet also...

The angle and light is weird, so that back tire does look a little odd, never noticed that! It's actually a Shinko 009 raven.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pulled off the road, snapped a pic, kept riding. Or so I thought. Turns out my phone didn't save the pic. Now I've got 61000 miles and who cares about a picture of that? :spank:

So instead I have a pic from a little multiday camping trip through Arkansas a couple weeks ago.
ArkansasTrip008.jpg

:welcome: to kennys 50,000 mile club :rockon:

Congratulation, you've passed my measerly 53,580 miles :thumbup:

:wav::wav:

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got almost 31k on my '06.

Did you have the valves checked? any work needed?

I checked em at 55000 miles, and two exhaust valves were a little loose. I replaced a stretched cam chain and its tensioner, and my cam shafts are about worn to limits, but overall no major maintenance.

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
just curious, but to those of you over 50K miles, how do you ride? do you ride in the sweet spot or do you keep the RPMs a little lower for better mileage, etc.

Around town commuting to school, I like to keep it under 10K, but my mileage suffers from romping on it all the time! (45MPG) When I'm traveling, I like to run at 70-80MPH in 6th gear.