Road trip to New Orleans

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
Good morning my fellow Fizzers.

I'm packing up my company van for a convention in New Orleans in a week, and I'm planning on putting the bike in the back :)

So I'll have 2 days to cruise around the New Orleans Area. Can anybody recommend a good ride?

I've never been to Baton Rouge so I was planning on checking that out for a day.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
What 2 days are you gonna be able to ride? I'll have to see if I'll be off and maybe we can get together and ride. I don't recommend trying to ride in downtown nola, people out there can't drive and they will try to run you over. I rode down to the ducati/triumph dealership in the wearhouse district and I thought I was gonna die a couple of times. The best riding is gonna be on the north shore of the lake, which is where I live. Hwy 22 is a good road, and you can take that and some back roads into baton rouge. It's a pretty good ride. I'm only about 30-40 miles from downtown nola. Let me know those dates and I'll see if I'm free.

Neworleans

Reaction score
Visit site
Downtown New Orleans is horrible for riding around for a joy ride; I commute to work from uptown to downtown every day. Roads are rough and the drivers/ taxi cabs will try to run you down =) But if you don’t mind some rough roads the uptown area is fun to cruise around lots of places to stop and people watch. I'd recommend a cruise down st Charles all the way, take a left on Audubon st, and then go down magazine back downtown. It’ll offer lots locations to stop and enjoy some good food or a cup of coffee/beer. What dates you gonna be in the big easy for?