Road a triumph today!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This may be my next street bike (Speed Triple):

speedy_10mm_lower.jpg
I can't wait until the day Mike lets me ride his :D As for servicing - Mike says it compares ok with Jap bikes, $ wise.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I also sat on the 15th anniversary edition with a few more pieces including there gel seat and i was amazed at how comfy it was. How are the maintenance costs for a triumph vs a yamaha?

As Karen mentioned, the cost of ownership isn't much different than the FZ. Keep in mind, that I do most of my own maintenance, so the cost is just parts and my peace of mind... First service at 600 miles was about $225 for reference.

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
what about touring? is it pretty comparable to the fz and ive heard about issues with the transmission is this true?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what about touring? is it pretty comparable to the fz and ive heard about issues with the transmission is this true?
For touring, the Speed Triple is surprisingly good. We did a weekend away a few months ago and Mike rode the S3.

It was a great tourer - just need to adjust the suspension so it's a little softer. The flyscreen is essential too - it deflects quite a lot of wind.

We just had a tank bag on it, but you need to check what luggage you can get for it.

Transmission - for some reason between 4th/5th and 5th/6th it has sometimes hit neutral - just be positive with your gear shifts. Other people have had the same problem with the 09 model. I changed oil etc, but it made no difference. It still does it. Small price to pay for the fun factor attached to the bike.

Last edited:

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
For touring, the Speed Triple is surprisingly good. We did a weekend away a few months ago and Mike rode the S3.

It was a great tourer - just need to adjust the suspension so it's a little softer. The flyscreen is essential too - it deflects quite a lot of wind.

We just had a tank bag on it, but you need to check what luggage you can get for it.

Transmission - for some reason between 4th/5th and 5th/6th it has sometimes hit neutral - just be positive with your gear shifts. Other people have had the same problem with the 09 model. I changed oil etc, but it made no difference. It still does it. Small price to pay for the fun factor attached to the bike.
Thanks kazza but ya im going to try to sell my fz6 before the end of next month since it will be pointless to have sitting in a storage shed and when i get back i will most likely get the speed 3 but i still need to test ride a fz1 and even the kawi z1000 against it