Road a triumph today!

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
Got to test ride a triumph street triple and had a blast its a different feel from the fz6 with the shorter wheel base and the torque is absolutely amazing im going back next week to check out the speed triple so im sure that after i get a few minutes on it ill probably be buying it after i get back from my tour to afghanistan:)

OLYpilot510

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. And that was the longest single sentence I've ever read on this forum.

Good luck in Afg...I just got back from there. Head down, chin up. :rockon:

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. And that was the longest single sentence I've ever read on this forum.

Good luck in Afg...I just got back from there. Head down, chin up. :rockon:

Haha more like head up eyes open im a combat engineer plus the gunner for our lead vic so ill be trying to beat them to the trigger while watching for ied's

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha more like head up eyes open im a combat engineer plus the gunner for our lead vic so ill be trying to beat them to the trigger while watching for ied's

God damn it, man. Use periods.

The triple sounds like a blast though......the GOOD kind of blast!!

westmask

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey jstoof,don't what branch you're in ,but Semper Fi from an "old fart" Marine.Where [ waht Mfgr.& distibuter did you get that cool looking lower fairing from ? It like like it's O.E.M ? While one of the reasons I chose an FZ-6 was cuz it's a "naked" bike,that lille bit you have added on does'nt take away from it.Aside from looks,is there any functionality to it ? Thanks, westmask

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey jstoof,don't what branch you're in ,but Semper Fi from an "old fart" Marine.Where [ waht Mfgr.& distibuter did you get that cool looking lower fairing from ? It like like it's O.E.M ? While one of the reasons I chose an FZ-6 was cuz it's a "naked" bike,that lille bit you have added on does'nt take away from it.Aside from looks,is there any functionality to it ? Thanks, westmask

Army all the way but we are being attatched to a marine unit which should be fun and doing route clearance for them... The whole bike is completely stock other then the two brothers, so the fairings are what it came with from the factory

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I went from the FZ6 to a Street Triple R and absolutely f'ing love this bike. The FZ was a great bike for me for the time, and I owned it for about 3 years. But I always felt like something was missing or needed to be "upgraded" (ie: the mod bug bit me). I've now owned my Triumph for just over a year and have not changed a damned thing on this bike. It is just so good right out of the box. If you search, I go into this in much detail elsewhere, so I won't get on my soap box again...

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
I went from the FZ6 to a Street Triple R and absolutely f'ing love this bike. The FZ was a great bike for me for the time, and I owned it for about 3 years. But I always felt like something was missing or needed to be "upgraded" (ie: the mod bug bit me). I've now owned my Triumph for just over a year and have not changed a damned thing on this bike. It is just so good right out of the box. If you search, I go into this in much detail elsewhere, so I won't get on my soap box again...

Ya i loved to power throughout the rpm range and the sound is very addicting:) Not to mention to super smooth gear box but i definitely loved the bike and cant wait to try the speed triple:rockon:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
You were teased about the use of periods but no one made mention of the "road" and "rode" distinction.

Anyway, I hope to attend a Triumph event this weekend with plans to test ride the Street Triple R. If time allows I'll also hop on a Tiger and Daytona 675 just for kicks.

Triumph Come Home

Tim

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
This may be my next street bike (Speed Triple):

speedy_10mm_lower.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll love the Speed Triple. Great looking bike. :thumbup:

Good luck with your tour. As a gunner you can't really keep your head down. Hooah!

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies! But ya i cant wait to get my hands on the speed:) I just feel i am ready for a liter bike and am looking at the speed triple, fz1, and possibly the kawi z1000 (not to big of a fan of kawasaki though but i will keep my options open) I am not a huge fan of the fz1 styling especially when you compare it to the speed. The only thing that makes me a little nervous with the speed is that i do enjoy some touring and saddlebags look like they could be a little more difficult to fit on a speed. But after riding the street triple i fell in love with the sound and torque and couldnt stop smiling while riding it.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I test road the Speed Triple when I bought my Street Triple. Talk about amazing power. My only gripe with it was the wider frame they use on it over the Street. The seat height is roughly the same, but I had a harder time reaching the ground because I needed to keep my legs at a wider angle before pointing down. I'm about 5'10" with a 30" inseam.

Everything else about the Speed is incredibly addictive. If it weren't for this and the price difference, I'd have a Speed in a hard beat... and a million speeding tickets. Although, the Street isn't much better about those.

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
I test road the Speed Triple when I bought my Street Triple. Talk about amazing power. My only gripe with it was the wider frame they use on it over the Street. The seat height is roughly the same, but I had a harder time reaching the ground because I needed to keep my legs at a wider angle before pointing down. I'm about 5'10" with a 30" inseam.

Everything else about the Speed is incredibly addictive. If it weren't for this and the price difference, I'd have a Speed in a hard beat... and a million speeding tickets. Although, the Street isn't much better about those.

Ya im 6 1 so i dont think i should have a problem and i sat on it and found it a bit more comfortable then the street but ill have to see when i ride it

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya im 6 1 so i dont think i should have a problem and i sat on it and found it a bit more comfortable then the street but ill have to see when i ride it

Yeah, I think I would have only need another inch or so to be comfy on it, so you should fit perfectly on it. Interestingly, the Street fits my frame perfectly. It's like they built the bike around a guy exactly my size... nuts!

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I think I would have only need another inch or so to be comfy on it, so you should fit perfectly on it. Interestingly, the Street fits my frame perfectly. It's like they built the bike around a guy exactly my size... nuts!

I also sat on the 15th anniversary edition with a few more pieces including there gel seat and i was amazed at how comfy it was. How are the maintenance costs for a triumph vs a yamaha?