Rnd 1 WERA national series

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
took off thursday to roebling road raceway in Savannah, GA. My first race weekend! Nervous, pumped, deer in the headlights, you name it I went through it. Got a really late start and only made one practice session on friday. Saturday was the first races in the afternoon with practice in the morning. But I was in the race school and it was rush, rush, rush. Only got 8 laps to practice and a 4 lap mock race......I took second to a GSXR-750!

as soon as the mock race was over which took place during lunch I came into pit, pulled my gear off and FINALLY had a chance to eat and drink something for the first time of the day. I Thought to myself it was nice to finally breath for a second when I hear the 3rd call for C superbike.....i.e. my class. :eek:

go out there and do a warm up lap and get in position....25th place (last) cause it's my first time. Managed to do alot of passing and took 14th with the 10th fastest times. Not great but I'll take it. Very little practice, track surface a but daft and I ran out of gear 2/3 down the straight cause there was no time to change sprockets.

what I learned is racing is vastly better than trackdays! It's basically the same thing but you're scored and surprisingly much more sociable and fun. for instance aaron yates was there with his son and was bull****ting with people and the Pirelli tire vendor sold me practically new tires mounted for $60 then came over later on to see how I like them. If you've ever thought about racing DO IT. plenty of I group and modest A group trackday riders would be surprised at how well they will do.

some riding and random pit pics of people I went down there with. Im the one with white and blue leathers.

13225268935_9d139eef6e_c.jpg

13225956983_d5b041aaba_c.jpg

13225885903_31f8e48d21_c.jpg

13233238394_1ee1fcd635_c.jpg

Last edited: