Rim Tape: Suggestions needed...

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Ok so here is my pride and joy...

fazer1.jpg

I have been thinking about putting on rim tape...but cannot decide on the colour...

Suggestions??

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Black reflective is my vote. Keep it clean and uniform. If you introduce color on the rims, I think you'd have to have it elsewhere.

Just my vote...

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks perfect. I wouldn't touch the rims.

Think about it, you've got a black and silver bike. The wheels are already silver. The only other option that will go with anything else on the bike is black. And I think that would just take away from the contrast between the tire and the wheel. If your bike was blue or red, then I could see how the rim tape would fit into the overall scheme. But on your bike it would stick out like a sore thumb.

The mark of a true artist is knowing when to put the paintbrush down.

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Think about it, you've got a black and silver bike. The wheels are already silver. The only other option that will go with anything else on the bike is black. And I think that would just take away from the contrast between the tire and the wheel. If your bike was blue or red, then I could see how the rim tape would fit into the overall scheme. But on your bike it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Thats the exact chain of thought that led me to ask for suggestions!!

@FZ6jersey

I got this bike last year including the fairings, its a 04 model..and I was told the fairings are stock as well. Since then enough people have asked about them, making me think I have unknowingly got my self a rare and desirable set-up!! But I have no suggestions as to where to get those.... :confused: sorry!

EDIT: Just did another search and this time I found them!!

http://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk...g-lowers-yamaha-fz6-fazer-2004on-p-17182.html

So its not a stock part, the guy I got the bike from was probably misinformed as well (he was not the original owner).

Last edited:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the silver/black and wouldn't bother with any colors but, if you are looking for safety, then get a silver one. That's what I did for my swing arm and going for reflective black for my wheels.