Rim lights

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want a light for my rims that make them glow like in the Tron movie. You would think an easy LED on the valve stem type thing would already be available.

If not I'm the inventor and this is proof.:Flip:

DocFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
They are, Had a set on for awhile. The service manager at by bike shop told me that at hi speeds they can cause your valve stems to come apart. He said it happen to a guy last year and tire went flat fast and he lost it. Took mine off.:(

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
They are, Had a set on for awhile. The service manager at by bike shop told me that at hi speeds they can cause your valve stems to come apart. He said it happen to a guy last year and tire went flat fast and he lost it. Took mine off.:(

never heard that before.........

they just screw on to the valve and are activated by the wheel turning

only thing is they are on during the day too u cant turn them off :(

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
...I can't believe someone actually want's their bike to look more like, and I quote,
....:rof:

Maybe you should ask this guy...

tron2.jpg

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done both the lighted valve stems and reflective rim tape. I bought two different types of valve stems, worked semi-okay, both seemed to break easily. Won't waste my money with that again.

I put on reflective rim tape. I purchased black to match my rims, so in the daylight, you can't see it. But at night, very noticable. The leftover tape was put onto my helmet.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tron was so ahead of it's time, one of my favorite movies ever.

I'm a geek. And geeks rule :rockon:

I think glowing wheels would look cool and maybe a light around the engine or something. But to glow red would be very cool and more visible.