Riding from Yonkers, NY to Boston, MA this weekend. Any roads i should take or avoid?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so this weekend june 22-24 ill be visiting my friend in boston for her 21st birthday. im goin to try to head out friday evening or early saturday morning (5am). Im expecting a 4 1/2 hr trip w one break(hartford, ct)...this will be my longest trip i ever took on my fz6 so are there any roads/highways that are entertaining? or any roads/highways i should avoid due to construction, traffic, etc... thanks in advance!

heres the map

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't know you were going by bike.. sweet!! No idea which roads you should take, but have fun and be safe! :thumbup:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
if you're taking just the highway I would def not take 95N, as it is a nightmare, makes no difference if it's 2am, 4am, traffic is always there. I usually take 91 to 84 to 90 when I make my trips going thru NYC and as far as side curvy roads, don't know any as I haven't thought about riding a bike there

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you MUST take BORING highways then you have piked the best route. Avoid I95 at all costs. There are just too many truckers and buses on I95 to be even considered remotely safe for a bike.

The MASS Pike (I90) should be a nice ride, but personally I hate I84. Always packed with cars.

If you are willing to not drive on the highway, which of course will take longer, let me know and I will try and find you a nice route.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't know you were going by bike.. sweet!! No idea which roads you should take, but have fun and be safe! :thumbup:

thanks man! when i get back we out to ride!

if you're taking just the highway I would def not take 95N, as it is a nightmare, makes no difference if it's 2am, 4am, traffic is always there. I usually take 91 to 84 to 90 when I make my trips going thru NYC and as far as side curvy roads, don't know any as I haven't thought about riding a bike there

yea i hate the 95! thanks!

If you MUST take BORING highways then you have piked the best route. Avoid I95 at all costs. There are just too many truckers and buses on I95 to be even considered remotely safe for a bike.

The MASS Pike (I90) should be a nice ride, but personally I hate I84. Always packed with cars.

If you are willing to not drive on the highway, which of course will take longer, let me know and I will try and find you a nice route.

i only kno that the merrit is a nice ride...i guess ill just hit the highways going there maybe on the way back if its not raining ill hit up some twisty roads if u have any recommendations...greatly appreciated!:thumbup:

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Have to chime in with the hate for 95 as well. The segment of it that runs through CT where it's only 2 lanes is a NIGHTMARE.

I rode it last year and people drive like absolute animals on that road.

Have a safe trip!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have to chime in with the hate for 95 as well. The segment of it that runs through CT where it's only 2 lanes is a NIGHTMARE.

I rode it last year and people drive like absolute animals on that road.

Have a safe trip!

lol ur absolutely right! thanks man...im always in jersey city cuz i got family over there pm me if u wanna ride sometime

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bump.

anyone know of any construction or good pit stops along the way..i think im goin to ride in the rain :(

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
took some pix while i was in downtown boston:
photo15.jpg

some store on newbury street lol
photo14-1.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

photo11-2.jpg

photo10-3.jpg

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
cool pics, I work about 5 min from where you parked your bike "corner mall" entrance, so how was your ride up and than back home, we did get a good amount of rain saturday night

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics, Ant!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sucks that Billy Joel can't even afford to get drunk now :(

:rof:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cool pics, I work about 5 min from where you parked your bike "corner mall" entrance, so how was your ride up and than back home, we did get a good amount of rain saturday night

on friday the ride was nice and easy NO RAIN THANK GOD!..all the cars like goin >85mph but i was just cruising taking my time...i stopped only once goin up there to get gas and lubed the chain..the whole trip i spent $14.54 on gas. i didnt get to ride much around town but i think ill be goin up again next year hopefully for a little longer. but on the way back down to ny i caught a staple(from a staple gun) in my rear tire but no leakage i kept stopping to check on the tire pressure tho...

maybe next time im up there we out to ride!:thumbup:

Great pics, Ant!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sucks that Billy Joel can't even afford to get drunk now :(

:rof:

Lmao ur the third person that said he looks like billy joel!!:rof: i gave him a dollar so maybe he can get himself a cold natty's ice:beer: