Riders in NJ

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love to go....... missus birthday today. I will be celebrating to a different tune tonight.:D:D

GvCIA

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys sorry to re-bring this back up, but I'm a rider from Central NJ looking for some people to cruise around with. I live in Old Bridge. Anyone down to cruising around with me?

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Breakfast Run start around 8am this sunday 05/03/09. Either down the jersey shore some nice twisties around Adelaide road/Howell route 34 i think or just new hope surrounding areas. I believe theres a small airfield around that you can get on a glider for a fee. another buddy of mine is from sayerville rides a red 07 kawasaki ninja 650R, sometimes he comes with us for the breakfast run. I'll email you tomorrow if everything is a go. anyone else is free to join or maybe we can take a new different route somewhere.

ares

Steve F

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey What’s Up Jersey Crew,

I assume you guys cancelled because of the rain. I don’t know any of you but I was following this thread and would have liked to ride with you all and get acquainted. Unfortunately I had lots of weekend family commitments, as usual. :(

The New Hope area sounds like a great ride though. I’ve been meaning to try the roads west of Rt. 1 going out that way. I usually head out Englishtown Road via Spotswood to get to the more open spaces south of Monroe.

Tonight I took the FZ1 to the park behind Middlesex County College to watch my kids run track. Not a long ride but it felt great to get out again after all the rain! I thought for sure I’d get caught in it tonight but luckily it stayed dry.

Hey Ares, I think I saw your buddy tonight on Main St. in Sayreville. If that was him I live about a mile or two from the townhouse complex he was turning into. Can you give me directions to the twisties on Adelaide Rd. in Howell? I tried Google mapping it but can’t find it.

GvCIA, I'm close by in Sayreville. Perhaps we should all get together one of these days. I like to get a couple hours in when I can after work, especially now that the days are getting longer. The Cheesequake rest area on the Parkway would probably be a good place to start from. Maybe the week after next? I’m tied up all this upcoming week.

I’ve noticed there’s often a bunch of sport bikes hanging around at the Dunkin Donuts on Rt. 35 in Perth Amboy on weekends. I don’t know any of them though.

Steve

jdough7

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

I'm in NW Passaic County. Usually around on weekends. Post ride dates!

As an aside, I'm amazed no one has come on yet asking what exits we are all from. (I am proud to admit that I live nowhere near the Parkway or the Turnpike)

Ride safe,
Jay

DMP84

Reaction score
Visit site
Elizabeth, NJ here. I keep the bike at my sister's though in Bridgewater area. If anything ever comes up definitely up for a ride.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Steve F, if it was a red 2007 Kawa 650R then maybe it's him, with a red KBC dragon helmet, red jacket...........definitely him. We call him little red riding hood, lol. Sorry folks about the last post for a ride, turn out to be an inclement weather that weekend.
This past weekend was supposed to be nice, but it did not clear up until nearly 2pm. My buddy and I along with a new rider and a born again rider went to Princeton for some hotcakes at PJ's followed by a back road ride to PA. I didn't post the ride due to the new rider being on board, wanted to make sure he was fine before i post it.
We tend to go for these rides when I'm not on-call with the hospital, which is every other weekend off unless I find some coverage. I think a group of ten or less is fine for starters, after all we only know each other here in the forum and out in the real world we all ride a little different. One thing for sure, I'm not a big fan of stunters. I'd rather ride alone than take a chance with wannabes. No offense to stunters but those stuff belongs not on public roads.
This weekend is shot for riding with me, instead I scored a free room at the Borgata in AC. Perfect since I'm taking off starting Thursday straight through next Tuesday, WooHooooooo:D
I will post it on this thread the next ride out (Breakfast Club). We usually leave around 8:00am and back by afternoon-evening.:Flash::Flash:

Steve F

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like we have a ride in the making!

This weekend is out for me too with it being the holiday. Lots of family stuff going on and I really should get a start getting the pool open & yard cleaned up, etc. If I get out it will be a last minute deal.

I'm also not into stunting at all. My Harley dude neighbor once told me I drive like his grandmother. I'm not really that bad though. That was after my first ride in two years after I got my old bike repaired. I have about 1900 miles on the new FZ1 since then. Every once in awhile I make a half hearted attempt (correction, make that 1/4 hearted attempt) at doing a wheelie. All that ever happens is I end up laughing at myself.

OK, I guess we'll get something together within a couple weeks or so. Until then, ride safe!

jdough7

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone aware of northern NJ (passaic/sussex counties)or southeastern NY state (rockland/orange counties) riding groups/clubs?

Most riders being:
20s-30s
co-ed
non-stunting
all makes and models

Searched AMA but those are mostly cruisers/harleys

J

fortiron

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in sussex county -- got a group of 4-6 people I usually ride with regularly. We're in the Stanhope/Ledgewood area

DMP84

Reaction score
Visit site
I only tend to ride during the weekend as during the week majority of my time is occupied by work… I start out my rides in the Bridgewater area and usually head out west. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any areas with fun roads. Some twisties nothing crazy with average speeds of about 45-55mph, just fun enjoyable ride. I am bored of the same old roads each weekend so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Hillsborough. I too ride mostly west of my place.
DMP84.. I can show you some of my routes, but chances are your already ride the same roads.

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
HEY JERSEY GUYS...

Check out the largest Burger Thread... Im trying to get a crew for a long ride for a huge burger in PA...

There is always a chance I may have to settle for Clinton Station in Hunterdon

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a new member and fz6 owner. I live in Cherry Hill, NJ, which is about 15 minutes east of Philadelphia. I like to ride through the NJ pine barrens.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just found this thread again.......

Always up for a ride, Im down in Cape May, so it takes me a little longer to get anywhere north.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do any of you NJ riders participate in the various Advrider tag games? There are at least three NJ games running.

I never have, but I do like to browse those game threads. We have our own riding game thread on here. Not the same thing, but fun no less.