RideItMoto Bar End Mirrors

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are really nice. This is exactly what I was looking for. Price is nice too. I'll wait to see if someone tried those before I buy...

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some that look similar to that (almost identical) got them used from my cousin and they work fine... you really have to crank down on them to keep 'em from vibrating, I will probably wrap the bars once around with some plumbers tape or something to help with this.

Otherwise, they look and work well - a bit hard to see but thats the case with all bar-end mirrors (compared to tall, fairing mounted mirrors)

Overall, get them.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Gonna buy these today and give them a shot..will let you all know how they work out.

Last edited:

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
The problem with those included bar ends is that they won't work with the stock bars. They are made for a hollow bar and our stock bar has threaded ends. I think the mirrors would work if you move the grips inward a bit, but this may take a little mod on the throttle side. I believe there is a tab that aligns the throttle onto the bar.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
The problem with those included bar ends is that they won't work with the stock bars. They are made for a hollow bar and our stock bar has threaded ends. I think the mirrors would work if you move the grips inward a bit, but this may take a little mod on the throttle side. I believe there is a tab that aligns the throttle onto the bar.

Thought of that before deciding to order but I still think it will work. Regardless of the threads on the stock bars, I think I should be able to "finagle" the new bar ends in without too much trouble and then tighten down with the included allen key. I assume its a simple design that works by expanding the collar as the hex head bolt is tightened?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally went ahead and installed these mirrors and they look awesome and appear to be very nice quality. They did not go on without issues though.

As we all know the stock bar ends screw in. The new bar ends that come with these mirrors work by expanding inside the interior of the bar as you tighten the end bolt. Installed the clutch side mirror without issue, but had some serious problems on the throttle side.

Ended up cutting off some of the grip as well as the throttle sleeve in order to install on the throttle side. All said and done, they are one and look great, and offer pretty decent visibility.

If you are looking for a nice affordable bar end mirror choice and are willing to do some modifications to get them on right, I would totally recommend these. If you want a bolt on affair that will be simple and straight forward, I would say you are better suited going a different route.

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I just ordered these but I don't want to cut any of the original parts like the grips. Surely there must exist a bar end that these mirrors will attach to?

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I just ordered these but I don't want to cut any of the original parts like the grips. Surely there must exist a bar end that these mirrors will attach to?

Anyone looking for an easy, simple fix:

1) Buy yourself some RhinoMoto Bar End Sliders with integrated mirror mounts.

http://www.e-securedsite.com/rhinom...rFor=&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

They are direct replacements for the stock bar ends on the FZ6/FZ1 bars. Weighted nicely too.

2) Use the built in groove in the slider to mount any replacement mirror your want.

You don't have to touch your grips or ANYTHING on the bars. Only downside is your bars just became about an inch and a half wider on either side. I don't lane split here in NJ so it doesn't bother me any.

Hope this helps.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site

Really not difficult at all. The clutch side is a cinch. Take a nice sharp razor blade and cut off the raised nub at the end of the grip. This will give you enough room to slip the mirror mount right over the stock bar end with the spacers included in the mirror kit.

On the throttle side, I had to cut off a bit past the nub, and then used a cutting wheel on my dremel to remove some of the plastic throttle tube to make it flush with where I cut the grip. Again, this will allow you to maintain the stock bar end and slide the mirror mount right on with a spacer.

Doesnt take long at all, not much you can mess up, and its free!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally went ahead and installed these mirrors and they look awesome and appear to be very nice quality. They did not go on without issues though.

As we all know the stock bar ends screw in. The new bar ends that come with these mirrors work by expanding inside the interior of the bar as you tighten the end bolt. Installed the clutch side mirror without issue, but had some serious problems on the throttle side.

Ended up cutting off some of the grip as well as the throttle sleeve in order to install on the throttle side. All said and done, they are one and look great, and offer pretty decent visibility.

If you are looking for a nice affordable bar end mirror choice and are willing to do some modifications to get them on right, I would totally recommend these. If you want a bolt on affair that will be simple and straight forward, I would say you are better suited going a different route.

Photos??? :)

Thank You!

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
I used barend mirrors similar to these ones...they used the same install setup and i installed them on both the clutch and throttle side with no problems. The only pronlem i had was when you up to speeds of 90mph or more them moved...

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
I may have to find some bar ends that will work with these mirrors like the rhino's cuz I don't wish to permanently cut or modify anything.

Arg! Those rhino ends are almost as much as the mirrors. Hmm. Need a better solution. I'm getting an fz1 bar which is a little longer so perhaps that extra length will give me enough room after the grips to mount the mirrors

Last edited:

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright I have a solution that doesn't require and further purchases. The bar ends included with the ride it moto mirrors each have 2 expanding aluminum sleeves. Removing the larger sleeve and using only the smaller sleeve I'm able to get a nice secure fit in the threaded Yamaha handlebars