Ride this Saturday (11/17/12)?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weather is looking good (just a bit chilly). I'll either do my NJ/PA loop or go up to Bear Mnt.

Any takers?

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Interesting idea, I vote for NJ/PA if that makes a diff... gas is flowing again :)... I would watch out for weather though, I was frozen stiff today != fun.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting idea, I vote for NJ/PA if that makes a diff... gas is flowing again :)... I would watch out for weather though, I was frozen stiff today != fun.

Yeah.. the plan is to make frequent stops to warm up and I'll definitely have a thermos with me (maybe hot chocolate?)

I'm good with NJ/PA.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Weather is looking good (just a bit chilly). I'll either do my NJ/PA loop or go up to Bear Mnt.

Any takers?

Have fun!

I would love to join but I am currently down in Richmond VA spending a day before my bro goes for AIT training.

Watch out for weather though. It seems that I have been chasing a rainy weather all the way down from South Carolina today. Hopefully it's a lot sunnier for you guys than it is down here.

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
NJ/PA sounds nice. I should be able to make it provided I don't have to work too late Friday. What time are you thinking? It is about 2 hours up by way of 206.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NJ/PA sounds nice. I should be able to make it provided I don't have to work too late Friday. What time are you thinking? It is about 2 hours up by way of 206.

The trick would be to start as late as possible (so temps could climb up a little), yet not so late so you have to ride in the dark a lot.

So.. I'm thinking start at 10:30? Ride for about 4-5 hours.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
What kind of pace are you thinking? Your scare me when you ride solo :).

Oh and so... my bike started overheating yesterday... and smelling like things are melting... turns out a rock got stuck in the damn fan (heard of this one before eh?). This morning running it and it still emits a faint burning odor. I want to try it out tonite, but as it stands I am paranoid driving out there with a possibly burned out fan motor (cross fingers!!!!!!!).

I am keeping my eyes open for one on sale just in case...

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a used fan for a 07-09 $100.00 shipped or you can swing by my shop and I will install it for free in dunellen nj and yes I am open Saturday til 1pm it is on the way to Eric's

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of pace are you thinking? Your scare me when you ride solo :).

Oh and so... my bike started overheating yesterday... and smelling like things are melting... turns out a rock got stuck in the damn fan (heard of this one before eh?). This morning running it and it still emits a faint burning odor. I want to try it out tonite, but as it stands I am paranoid driving out there with a possibly burned out fan motor (cross fingers!!!!!!!).

I am keeping my eyes open for one on sale just in case...

Start the bike up and just let it idle. If temp gets up to over 210 without fan kicking on, the fan is hosed. If the fan does kick on, I say it's safe to ride.

Slow pace.. maybe to 10 over limit. (except for some open, quiet stretches where we may be able to go a bit faster).

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Start the bike up and just let it idle. If temp gets up to over 210 without fan kicking on, the fan is hosed. If the fan does kick on, I say it's safe to ride.

Oh.. before you even start the bike.. spin the fan blades by hand. It should spin freely without making any grinding noise.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going to start including this in every group ride post:

No passing (unless waved through). No stunting.
Bring snacks / water / Gatorade.
Following: staggered (unless signaled for single line). Bunch up at stops.
Full gear: (Full-face helmet / shield, jacket, full-length pants, full-finger gloves, over-the-ankle footwear).

If you're coming, PM me your full name and emergency contact #. I'll PM you mine. I'll also make copies of names of everyone in the group and hand out before start of the ride.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Oh.. before you even start the bike.. spin the fan blades by hand. It should spin freely without making any grinding noise.

Yep thats what kind of worries me (sorry to hijack... wont comment about this anymore... for now ;). There's some resistance, but I dont know how it's supposed to be. I also don't wanna drive to the NJ shop (thanks a ton for offering) and die on the way... I need to get through the day efficiently so I can watch UFC 154 at night!!

...basically I'll see after work and PM/txt you, erci.

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
wish i could join you guys, but i'm heading out to cali for a while. just filled up the tank with gas and seafoam and put her on the tender yesterday. :( have fun and stay warm!

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
The trick would be to start as late as possible (so temps could climb up a little), yet not so late so you have to ride in the dark a lot.

So.. I'm thinking start at 10:30? Ride for about 4-5 hours.

1030 is perfect. I'll leave at 8 and fill up before I get to the meet.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Meeting spot (Exxon gas station): Exxon, Hillsborough, NJ

Approximate route for the ride: NJ/PA Loop

Approximate ride time is 4 hours and 15 minutes, not including stops. I may get creative with the route here and there though.

Last edited:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, another opportunity slips through my fingers. I'm seriously jealous now. My daughter has her soccer (futbol) championship at 9:00am and will be done around 10:30-11:00am.
And my bike is all set up for cold weather riding along with my gears. If by chance you guys find yourself starting a little before noon then I'll be able to come along.

Ares

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, another opportunity slips through my fingers. I'm seriously jealous now. My daughter has her soccer (futbol) championship at 9:00am and will be done around 10:30-11:00am.
And my bike is all set up for cold weather riding along with my gears. If by chance you guys find yourself starting a little before noon then I'll be able to come along.

Ares

Why not head out later and meet us along the route? We should be crossing 206 and heading into Pottersville rd around noon. Meet us at the intersection?

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why not head out later and meet us along the route? We should be crossing 206 and heading into Pottersville rd around noon. Meet us at the intersection?
I'll try to meet you guys there as you've suggested, if you don't see me then that means my girl and her teammates won the championship and it's time for some celebration.
Either way, I can always contact you through your mobile#.