Restoring an Fz-600

kjelly

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone !

i am new here, and i hope to learn as much as possible and with time i can help other people to :rockon:

i bought an fz-600 (1987) for a very cheap price, but the guy put an suzuki gs750 front fork in the fz-600? :s

a buddy of me has a front fork of a fzr400, but would it fit? i am doubtful because ok, the fz600 has a fzr400 frame, but does that goes for the frond fork as well?

friendly greetings, and thanks in advance !

kjelly

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone !

i am new here, and i hope to learn as much as possible and with time i can help other people to :rockon:

i bought an fz-600 (1987) for a very cheap price, but the guy put an suzuki gs750 front fork in the fz-600? :s

a buddy of me has a front fork of a fzr400, but would it fit? i am doubtful because ok, the fz600 has a fzr400 frame, but does that goes for the frond fork as well?

friendly greetings, and thanks in advance !

kjelly

Any pics of the bike?
Why are you replacing the GS front fork? (as it will give you a smoother ride than the stock fzr fork?) You want the bike to become completely stock again?
What year fzr400 is the fork of your buddy from?

Grtz,

Degake

kjelly

Reaction score
Visit site
thank you for the reaction !

o i didn't know that it would give me a smoother ride,

wel, the yokes wouldn't fit. when i turn my steer, i pushes against my tank,
or would it be better if i keep the forks and mount them in the yokes of the fzr400?

i want my clipons back, and that won't fit on the yokes of the gs, plus i don't know if i can fit the wheel of the fz600 in that front fork

kjelly

edit : the year from the fzr400 from my friend is 84

pictures will follow :)

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you perhaps know what year GSXR750 the current forks came off?

Grtz,

Degake

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
i think you misunderstood me, its from a suzuki gs750
like this one :

Redirect Notice

kjelly

My mistake! :ban:

I thought it was of a GSXR750, as that is a common front fork swap on older FZR600 bikes.
As for the fork of a FZR400; everything should be the same, so you could just replace everything without a hassle!!
I found this info on this site (and it has a lot of other usefull info :thumbup:)FZRarchives

Grtz,

Degake

kjelly

Reaction score
Visit site
thank you very much:d :thumbup:

so a fzr400 will fit my fz600? that would be nice, i spare a lot of money then !

kjelly:rockon:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
thank you very much:d :thumbup:

so a fzr400 will fit my fz600? that would be nice, i spare a lot of money then !

kjelly:rockon:

I maybe wrong again :spank:

I searched for compatibility between FZR600 and FZR400, not FZ600 and FZ400.
There isn't much to find on these bikes, so it will be a difficult search :(.

Maybe you could try to ask some information at the dealership? (I don't know where you're located in Belgium, but send an e-mail to Lammens in Wetteren and see if they can help you out.) Just ask for the part numbers of a FZ400 front fork and FZ600 front fork; if they're the same, they will be interchangeable. If they're not, well... ask the dealer for some advice:))

Grtz,

Degake

kjelly

Reaction score
Visit site
I maybe wrong again :spank:

I searched for compatibility between FZR600 and FZR400, not FZ600 and FZ400.
There isn't much to find on these bikes, so it will be a difficult search :(.

Maybe you could try to ask some information at the dealership? (I don't know where you're located in Belgium, but send an e-mail to Lammens in Wetteren and see if they can help you out.) Just ask for the part numbers of a FZ400 front fork and FZ600 front fork; if they're the same, they will be interchangeable. If they're not, well... ask the dealer for some advice:))

Grtz,

Degake

aaah okay, i see now,

hmmm i will do that, thanks for the help !

kjelly