Resivore resinator

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
s I BROUGHT MY BIKE ON MONDAY BECAUSE OF THE CHARGING SYSTEM PROBLEM and they called me today and said the the (the spelling might suck) reservoir resonator was bad. What the hell is that???

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
s I BROUGHT MY BIKE ON MONDAY BECAUSE OF THE CHARGING SYSTEM PROBLEM and they called me today and said the the (the spelling might suck) reservoir resonator was bad. What the hell is that???

Well, you either have a really bad telephone connection, or you need to get your hearing checked.

They probably said Regulator/Rectifier, as in Voltage Regulator/Rectifier.

The rectifier part takes the AC from the charging system and turns it into DC. The regulator controls the output of the charging system.

They used to be two seperate units, but for about 20 years now, they've all been in the same box, and the name was shortened to Regulator/Rectifier.

Anyway, if it's bad, the bike won't charge. And it's the most common failure point for the charging system. So it sounds like they've solved the problem.

Fred

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, you either have a really bad telephone connection, or you need to get your hearing checked.

They probably said Regulator/Rectifier, as in Voltage Regulator/Rectifier.

The rectifier part takes the AC from the charging system and turns it into DC. The regulator controls the output of the charging system.

They used to be two seperate units, but for about 20 years now, they've all been in the same box, and the name was shortened to Regulator/Rectifier.

Anyway, if it's bad, the bike won't charge. And it's the most common failure point for the charging system. So it sounds like they've solved the problem.

Fred

Thank you very much for the brain fart/stupidity. All this time that i was having this whole battery, stalling, trickle charging and whatever else i had, they found that it was bad. So they should have my bike done by Saturday or Monday morning and i figure that if it's there i might just have them put a rear tire on there, I have the METZLER M3 in the front so I might just have them put the METZLER on the rear as well. So thank you for the info!!! :thumbup:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had a lot of problems with the bike holding it's charge. Thanks to FRED he clarified my terminology. I keep reading people here having the same problems. So it seems to be happening to alot of us. I was reading the thread for the PONY EXPRESS and ANT had the same problem. So for all you people out there if you are having this problem bring it to the dealer (or do it yourself for all the mechanics) and tell them that this is a pain in the ARSS.