Replacement Windscreen: Givi vs. Yamaha

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
It would appear the Givi windscreen is 5.25" higher, while the Yamaha is 4" higher. I've read in reviews of the Yamaha by 6' tall people that they had wished it was 1" higher, so I'm leaning towards the givi right now.

Thoughts?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
idk much about the yamaha tall windscreen but i just bought a givi screen n installed it yesterday....(im 5'7") gave it a test ride n the wind is hittin me right on the top of my helmet which increases the noise A LOT....the reason i bought it was to keep the wind off my neck and sweepin into my helmet and i has passed my test so i will keep it... ive seen another member cut a hole in theres n i might do the same

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I have both screens, currently. They both take the wind off your torso but the wind roars into your helmet at highway speeds. It's not a problem if you wear earplugs. In my opinion, the air coming over the Givi is smoother than the oem tall windscreen. Oem tall creates a rougher air flow over the screen and onto your helmet. I'm 6' tall and have used both equally this year. They both create less fatigue when touring.

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have both screens, currently. They both take the wind off your torso but the wind roars into your helmet at highway speeds. It's not a problem if you wear earplugs. In my opinion, the air coming over the Givi is smoother than the oem tall windscreen. Oem tall creates a rougher air flow over the screen and onto your helmet. I'm 6' tall and have used both equally this year. They both create less fatigue when touring.

Thanks! I wil get the Givi then.

I ride 40 miles round per day for commuting and wind is a bigger issue than noise. I wear headphones anyway.

When I crouch in on my existing bike so my chest is on the tank I do note noise gets worse but the wind effect is lessened so I assume this is a similar effect without my laying down.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
When I crouch in on my existing bike so my chest is on the tank I do note noise gets worse but the wind effect is lessened so I assume this is a similar effect without my laying down.[/quote]

:thumbup:You got it! I like the Givi slightly better than the OEM. You made a good choice! (altho the oem is much better for wind protection that the stock screen).:rockon: