Repairing the mark of shame

peterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I plan to replace my crankcase cover in the coming weeks. I've looked over the service manual and searched but it's unclear if I need to use the Yamaha bond No. 1215 on the crankcase cover or is a new gasket enough. Thanks!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe on either side cover they don't use gasket sealer on the gasket itself BUT do use it on any rubbber grommits where wires go in/come out from the cover. When you pull the cover, you'll see the sealer there...

peterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe on either side cover they don't use gasket sealer on the gasket itself BUT do use it on any rubbber grommits where wires go in/come out from the cover. When you pull the cover, you'll see the sealer there...

Thanks! I'll probably pick up a tube just incase rather have it and not use it then need it and not have it.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I presume you mean the left cover? don't make the mistake of draining the oil, it's not necessary. Lean the bike over to the right, handlebar end against a wall and pull the cover.

You will need to PULL because of the magneto inside. You will also need a Torx driver to remove the coils from the old cover and install in the new one.