Renthal Road handlbars swap

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
hi guys

i'd been getting of wrist and lower back pain on long rides on the FZ.

I know that makes me a bit of a softy but hey, riding should be enjoyable right?

i went up to the bike shop and picked up some Renthal Road High bars

everything fitted on well, i'm a little bummed i can't use my original bar ends as i really like the stock ones. I've now got some carbon fibre look ones which was as close to stock as i could get. I also installed some new grips which feel great

it makes you sit up quite a bit more straight, not a bad thing at all on a bike that gets used mostly to commute to the city. not sure how i'll go on fast back country roads but at least i'll be able to get there without numb wrists! Its funny, the bike actually feels a little more agile because i feel like my weight is more balanced on the bike, and i'm sitting right in the seat and able to grip the tank better with my legs, i'm quite tall so being bent over before didn't really make me feel like i was going all that much quicker

more pics to follow, here's one to show the difference: (this pic still has the original grips, and kinda hard to tell how much higher and straighter the new bars are, oh well!)

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
good work

i fitted taller wider and bit more back bars

so much easier to control the bike (as u put more torque through the longer bars ) and way more comfy

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Is it just me or do they look almost identical? If you rotate them back slightly, I don't see the real difference between them.

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
yeah in the photo they dont look much different but they are taller, wider and muuuch higher

feel great i think! i think the normal version (not the high version) would be almost the same

thornsby004

Reaction score
Visit site
hey, i checked out your website, nicely laid out man. can you tell me what you did to eliminate the vibes with your renthals.
thanks
shannon

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
no noticable vibration until about 130km/h

i got the heaviest bar ends i could find! apparently thats the best way to fix that problem

i'd love to stick the stock bar ends back on at some point

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
hey, i checked out your website, nicely laid out man. can you tell me what you did to eliminate the vibes with your renthals.
thanks
shannon
Thanks very much.

I filled them with sand (as I couldn't get a bar snake in the UK) and then found some heavy bar ends in the garage. I wrote about it on here, but forgot to add it to my website. It's on there now. You may need to refresh your browser though.