Recommend me some mods. Cosmetic but others welcome

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Current Bike

Kinda wanna work some more red in. And what you think of painting the forks black? Maybe another color? All opinions welcome.

DSCF0317.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Puig Racing windscreen, in dark smoke, was probably the best costmetic mod I did. I also painted the grey radiator guards black and it looked pretty slick too. Very easy and very cheap.

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Puig Racing windscreen, in dark smoke, was probably the best costmetic mod I did. I also painted the grey radiator guards black and it looked pretty slick too. Very easy and very cheap.

The Puig screen is a bit taller which I don't want. I have a 2nd windscreen I got for free with the bike which I may paint cause i don't use it.

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
if you do i would paint the inside of it, then no scratches..

also were in michigan u from?? i am in the south west corner

Brighton, somewhat close to novi. Thanks for the paint heads up

What do you all think about painting the forks black. Any photoshop'er's mind given it a go?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Current Bike

Kinda wanna work some more red in. And what you think of painting the forks black? Maybe another color? All opinions welcome.

- Paint the forks black for sure (most everything else is)
Boneman's FZ6 Site - Painted Forks

- Paint the rear sets black or get black RIZOMA rear sets.

- PUIG dark smoke windscreen

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I recommend:
Paint the radiator plates
Chop and paint the windscreen
Lower cowl
Seat Cowl
Replace the huge rear signals
Rizoma rear set plates

Here's a picture of what the chopped and painted screen, seat cowl, lower cowl and painted radiator plates will look like.

bike1-1.jpg

BTW: The chopped windscreen does wonders for reducing buffeting on the helmet. The air hits in the chest and is smooth, not choppy. I'm 5'9" and I love it. I think it would look amazing on a black bike.

As for incorporating more red, you can do it to any of those pieces. The plates and cowls can be painted red, but I would also take off the rear pods and do them as well if you go that route. Also get the front fairing "wings" in red to tie it into the front.

Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i can recommend one mod not to do.. the "i dropped the bike and scratched it all up" mod..

I would say a new seat, r6 forks, and a black (or red if you like it) belly pan.. good luck :)

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I recommend:
Paint the radiator plates
Chop and paint the windscreen
Lower cowl
Seat Cowl
Replace the huge rear signals
Rizoma rear set plates

Here's a picture of what the chopped and painted screen, seat cowl, lower cowl and painted radiator plates will look like.

bike1-1.jpg

BTW: The chopped windscreen does wonders for reducing buffeting on the helmet. The air hits in the chest and is smooth, not choppy. I'm 5'9" and I love it. I think it would look amazing on a black bike.

As for incorporating more red, you can do it to any of those pieces. The plates and cowls can be painted red, but I would also take off the rear pods and do them as well if you go that route. Also get the front fairing "wings" in red to tie it into the front.

Sweet ride. Can you give an approximate break down on cost of those mods and where you got them from.

Brad

Senpai
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the input! Probably go with black forks and try a cut windscreen. Might as well as I have two.

Keep it coming!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet ride. Can you give an approximate break down on cost of those mods and where you got them from.

I scavanged most of the stuff here and painted the rest myself.
TCP lower cowl = $599
TCP seat cowl - $275
FZR6 FE = $50?
2 Bros signals = $35
Front Flushies = $35
Painted bits = $30

I paid A LOT less for the TCP bits. Just keep an eye out, they come up here.

Here's a place to order some TCP stuff... Rideaddict.com

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
ditch your orange reflectors, paint the forks, and I would consider spray painting your windscreen the same red as your wheelstripes, also could add a red tank pad and gas cap cover to tie in some more red, also consider going with red ASV levers and some Rizoma grips (or cheaper, get the progrip grip covers like I have) as those will all add red accents to the bike and total cost would be about $300-$350.00 for ALL the stuff I mentioned.