Recent work

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Well its been a solid minute since I've gotten on and checked in with you all FZ'ers - I doubt anybody even remembers me here - its been a while. Just wanted to stop by and show some of the recent work I've done with the steed. Lots of minor stuff but its about time though, I say. Most recently I've chopped off my fender, and built a custom fender eliminator out of a piece of alluminum. I purchased incandescent turn signal lamps from a local dealer (Tricity), and a nifty pack of bolts with blue HID lights built into them for the license plate mount/license plate light. This was my first wiring experience and I say it went extremely well. I also tinted the tail light.

I also finally decided on an accent color - green. I put green rim stripes, a green "monster" themed tank pad and decals on as well. My next intended mods planned are for the power commander, k&n filter, and grip puppies.

I would also at this time like to note that I'm about to break my 20,000 mile, 3 year barrier - knock on wood - with still 0 accidents and no moving violations. I've signed up for the expert safety course for a 3rd time and am looking into instructing.

Here are some pictures of the recently done work:

View attachment 36478

View attachment 36479

View attachment 36480

And just for fun, its about time I come clean with this one...last year I broke down and got the yamaha tuning forks incorporated into my monster themed sleeve.
View attachment 36481

Let me know what ya guys think!

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice tatt...

How bright is the tail light now that you've tinted it? Most people find the light to be too dull to begin with, so I'm curious how much more that's been compromised now.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember that tattoo! I remember you! LOL! The bike looks good! Glad to hear from you again.`

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How could we ever forget a username like Chunkygoat! Nice mod's, except that number plate looks a bit dodgy! :D

Oh, and clean your wheels....can hardly see your rim stripes for the muck! ;)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer: :cheer: The Goats back :cheer: :cheer: Nice work on both the bike & arm....... I agree with Wolfman , go give her some lovin' :spank: :D

Thanks man, much appreciated.

How could we ever forget a username like Chunkygoat! Nice mod's, except that number plate looks a bit dodgy! :D

Oh, and clean your wheels....can hardly see your rim stripes for the muck! ;)

:thumbup::thumbup:

Yeh the bike is my workhorse this summer. It's actually my only mode of transportation for now, so it's been seeing some ugly weather lately - hence the need for the bath. And the license plate actually bent on me because I didn't account for the suspension whilst going over serious bumps and potholes, and apparently I mounted it too low, but yes it is slightly dodgy. I plan on raising her an inch and getting a new plate.

Thanks for the input, good to hear you're still here. Last I remember you bought pinkey.

I remember that tattoo! I remember you! LOL! The bike looks good! Glad to hear from you again.`

Thank you as well, I'm surprised the friendly faces are still here! Thanks for the compliment though, I hope to be on here a lot more this summer, especially since I recently discovered tapatalk! Woot woot!!

Nice tatt...

How bright is the tail light now that you've tinted it? Most people find the light to be too dull to begin with, so I'm curious how much more that's been compromised now.

Thanks you man and yes the tail light is slightly dim, I'll shoot a night pic for you tonight and show you. The running light is what is dim, the actual brake light is fine by my standards when illuminates. Plus my bolt lamps on the license plate create a huge ambient blue glow on the ground and around the back end, this makes me very visible at night. So although the running tail light is dimmer than before, the brake light is bright enough coupled with my fabbed fender eliminator.

Thanks a lot you guys, it's good to hear from you all and see the site is still growing. Have fun out there (an stay alive)