Rebel 250 + highway +hill=fail (more reasons for the fz6 to happen)

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
So today i went for a ride for about an hr to a motorcycle dealer to look at bikes, this being my first decent sized trip on it i found a few things out... A Honda Rebel 250, good starter bike though it may be, is a death trap on any 65+ highways or even any roads that go uphill :spank: Today i found myself on a 2 lane highway going uphill, in 4th gear revving the balls out of it,and the most it would give me was 50 mph on a road where most people are doing 60.... Next i found out just how uncomfortable it is on a long trip.... approx. 100 miles and i felt like i had just come from a really bad prison experience, i ended up waddling around hunched over like an old man... anyways just a random thread for others to enjoy my discomfort.... definitely need an upgrade :D

Oh also, if anybodys really been following my search for a fz6, there be good news, talked with my cosigner and sounds like the decision between the fz6r and the fz6 is up to me, so, cross your fingers and ill have pics up by end of june :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I remember riding my wife's Nighthawk 250 (same drivetrain).. perfect to learn on and great around town and that's pretty much it.
How tall are you? I found Rebel cripplingly small at 5' 10"

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Rebel being small for a 5'10"er. My GF bought one to learn to ride and it was a blast around town, but yeah, anything longer than 15 mins on it and I was scooting back onto the passenger seat to stretch out.

We sold the Rebel and I've been really tempted by a Vulcan 500 on craigslist.

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
The 500s are nice and clean looking.

I had a 750 for my starter bike. Very easy to ride and comfortable as hell.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I remember riding my wife's Nighthawk 250 (same drivetrain).. perfect to learn on and great around town and that's pretty much it.
How tall are you? I found Rebel cripplingly small at 5' 10"

I'm about 5'10 as well, it is pretty small especially since I'm used to full sized dirtbikes, but hey, gotta work with what ya have :thumbup: Take my road test in early June and thats primarily why i'm using it, riding my friends zzr 1200 for a road test most likely wouldn't go well lol Start the new job in a week so hopefully by the time i have my license i'll have a little extra cash saved for my next bike, a fz6 if all goes accordingly :thumbup: