johnsonbrentw

Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone tell me if there exists a rear wheel extension kit for the FZ6? Any kits that you can buy for the FZ6 that allow you to extend the rear wheel arm? I attached a picture so you all know what I'm talking about. I think this would look really sick on an FZ6, especially with a wider tire and all. I'd really like to put this mod on my bike!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I can understand doing it to a busa or any bike with that kind of power but why a standard?

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
question-graphic-1.png

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one at my shop. its a factory FZ6 swingarm (silver) with a 6 inch extention (GSXR) welded to it. your gonna need a longer chain and brack line. Let me know if your interested ill post a pic.

johnsonbrentw

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love to see a pic of that. Post it!!

To the guy who thinks he's old, the real purpose is so that your bike will not pop into a wheelie when you are racing with the high torque that the bikes have. I would only be interested in doing this solely for aesthetic purposes. I think it looks sick.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I would only be interested in doing this solely for aesthetic purposes. I think it looks sick.

It also ruins the handling of the bike, makes your turning radius huge, and will most likely lower the resale value of the bike being as potential buyers will think you raced and stunted the bike.

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
ive rode the bike that it was on and it was noticably different in handling. It is pretty cool looking on the bike. but its not plug and play as i mentioned earlyer. If ^^^^^ is interested it should be for the right reason (looks) ill post pick when i stop by the shop thursday

Last edited:

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
sick/sik/
Adjective:
Affected by physical or mental illness: "we were sick with bronchitis"; "visiting the sick and the elderly".
Noun: Vomit.
Verb: Bring something up by vomiting.
Synonyms:
adjective. ill - diseased - unwell - sickly - ailing - morbid
noun. vomit

Yep.

I kid. To each their own, right? My bike is for riding. Another's may be for stylin'. That's cool.

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
to each there own. it was steched, lowered, wraped headers, drag bar, naked with a single headlight and best of all it matched the owners personality. It worked for him. Not my style and i agree its not practical but for looks. i'll post a pic of the swing arm when i can.

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's your cup of tea go for it, personally I don't like them except on lowered and loud drag bikes, but everyone has their own aesthetic that they like.
As far as lowering resale value, it will, but not necessarily due to the racing/stunting image, having been a stunter in a past life I can say that long swingarms make it very hard to get the front up by comparison to a shorter one, if anything it would speak volumes about a bike not having been stunted.
That said if it is part of an overall "customized" bike it can raise the value as well, many many show bikes go for the long swingarm/low front look and they don't seem to sell for less, however any mods done to a bike to increase it's retail are likely in vain as almost everyone has their own idea of what a given bike should be.