Rear light removal?

FZ6jersey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all I'm not a hundred percent sure this is the right section to post in so if not I do apologize. Anyway I have a 2008 FZ6. Can anybody tell me how to remove the rear light?
Thanks in advance,
Josh

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
To remove the light itself you have to remove the tail cowl, the part with the grab handles. The lens and housing are a tight fit in there, you have to get them angled to get them out. If you are just talking about getting to the bulb to change it, you can access it once you take the seat off, no need to mess with the tail for that.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It helps to separate the lens from the housing once you're to the point of trying to get it out. If you can't get the gasket to stay put going back in, dab something gooey in the track like axle grease or silicone.

I just had to deal with this trying to get it back in the same day it was painted without nicking the paint.

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
changed my tail light lens to smoked and led bulbs, and it was really tight, both to install and remove.. be careful not to scratch the new lens.. scratched my stock one when taking it out..

S0nic

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it took me much time to find the right position to take it out from the tail fairing, but I managed to do that. Just don't hurry and find the right way to take it out.