Rear Brake Pad Problem

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I seem to have a problem installing my rear brake pads. I have EBC HH pads, and I have installed them but for some reason they do not seem to be working. The problem from what I can tell is that they are too narrow. My old nissin pads are thicker then the new ones.

When I installed them, the piston was fully extended in the caliper and still could not get the pads to contact the brake disc. I have installed the shims and checked to see if the pads are the correct ones and they are. Anyone have similar issues or know of a fix? Thanks!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds to me youve got front pads in there,most makers do 2 sets of pads the same,one has rx and the part number which is for the rear and are thicker and the others dont have rx and are thinner,i mighht be wronge but check that there rear pads first

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My 07 appears to have completely different pads between the front and the rear. If you didn't take anything else off, just the pads, the problem is with the new pads themselves.

Put the new ones along side the old ones and check for differences... I suspect you'll need to return them...

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. The differences in the pads seems negligible, but at a further glance it is quite big. While the pads share the exact same length and height as the original nissin ones, the new EBC pads are 1.5 mm thinner, equating for a 3mm gap. Now this may not seem big, but it sure is when I put them on the bike!