Rear Brake Fluid Screw

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I washed my bike today and noticed that the screw that holds the rear brake fluid cannister has come off. This is the first screw, nut, or bolt that has come off since I have purchased the bike. Almost 9000 miles later. Although a minor incident, I thought this service bulletin was worth mentioning and thought that next time you check your bike, you may want to double check that screw.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I washed my bike today and noticed that the screw that holds the rear brake fluid cannister has come off. This is the first screw, nut, or bolt that has come off since I have purchased the bike. Almost 9000 miles later. Although a minor incident, I thought this service bulletin was worth mentioning and thought that next time you check your bike, you may want to double check that screw.
Will check in the next few days. What do you think caused it?

W

wrightme43

Yes check your bolts frequently.

Here are some photos of a friends ninja that didnt.
He came to me complaining of a bump, and a weird noise.
Of the 3 bolts holding the engine/trans in, two remained and had no nuts, the other one was just gone.

Blue loctite and check them bolts.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Will check in the next few days. What do you think caused it?

Probably from the everyday vibration from the bike. I already lost one of the plastic end cap for my sliders from the same thing. I may try using some thread locks on some of the components so it won't happen again. Like Wrightme43 mentioned, always a good idea to inspect your bike for loose screws or bolts. That's why I try to wash my bike once a week so I have an opportunity to do a thorough inspection while I give it a wash.

H

HavBlue

Probably from the everyday vibration from the bike. I already lost one of the plastic end cap for my sliders from the same thing. I may try using some thread locks on some of the components so it won't happen again. Like Wrightme43 mentioned, always a good idea to inspect your bike for loose screws or bolts. That's why I try to wash my bike once a week so I have an opportunity to do a thorough inspection while I give it a wash.

Can't say enough good things about 242 or 271 Loctite. When you own a Harley you go through plenty of it. Fortunately for the FZ6, it doesn't vibrate anywhere near as much.