Rear blinker lights

kvanek

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed my rear blinker/lights are not on all the time like the fronts are.
Is this how it is suposed to be?

cody352

Reaction score
Visit site
thats a good ? i was wonderin tha same thing my light s dont stay on at all im not sure but when u figure it out let me kno

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
I am pretty sure this is normal. The front lights double as running lights and indicator lights. Back lights are just indicators.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is normal for the rear lights to only come on when signalling a turn. Only the front lights act as marker lights. No worries guys, it's the way it should be! :D

cody352

Reaction score
Visit site
but by law do u kno if the front ones have to say on?or is that just like a safety feature?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
but by law do u kno if the front ones have to say on?or is that just like a safety feature?

It's probably a law. Even though you have a headlamp on all the time I guess they look at it as if the headlamp circuit fails there is some light someone could identify you as a vehicle...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
It varies by state I'm sure. In florida you're only required to have headlights from dusk until dawn and they must be white in color. You must have tail lights that increase in intensity when the brake system is working. It can be red. You must have some way of indicating a turn that is visible from all sides. You may have colored lights on your vehicle as long as they don't interfere with other drivers and they aren't blue or red. If you have running lights, there's all kinds of rules on color and location, but they aren't required.

So it varies by state. Personally, I'm keeping my running lights. I have 4 of them now! :D I'm probably putting some white LED "underglow" lights here soon too. If you don't see me at night, it's cause you weren't looking!

kvanek

Reaction score
Visit site
OK thanks to all. I am glad to hear they are working as they should.
Seems to me you would want the extra running lights behind you but oh well.

Thanks Ken

cody352

Reaction score
Visit site
ohh ok thanks that helped a lot on my part also ive been wonderin that and i tried called plases and nobody could tell me they told mee to call tha police station and have an officer come out here.im not sure why but yall helped thanks

fizzerdave

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone modified the rear directionals to perform also as running lights? The more light the better.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone modified the rear directionals to perform also as running lights? The more light the better.

I've read that in some states, that would be illegal if you kept amber lenses/bulbs, because running lights on the rear of a vehicle are required to be red. You could remedy that easily enough by getting red LED bulbs and clear lenses.

If you've got the stock signals, you can pop out the bulb holder and wiring and replace it with the 4-wire stuff from a front signal, or just buy another pair of front signals and put them on the rear too. You'd just have to decide how to tie the dim filament into the taillight circuit.