ratrider45

ratrider45
Reaction score
Visit site
size 10 boots too big cant seem to get a happy medium up or down with shifter o7 fz6...either the shifter is way high to allow riding and up shifting but then you have to lift foot waaaay up for downshifting.was thinking of adding 1.5 inches to legnth or do it beautiful and right with a beautiful pair of rearsets.any ideas? allready extended the crankcase clutch lever and went to rizoma levers. that cured the unbearable clutch..i may be picky but dammit if im a ridin my steed is going to fit perfect everywhere:confused:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
either the shifter is way high to allow riding and up shifting but then you have to lift foot waaaay up for downshifting.was thinking of adding 1.5 inches to legnth or do it beautiful and right with a beautiful pair of rearsets.any ideas?

Two things I would consider;

You'll need two shifter levers.

Cut one square towards the tip/end.
Cut the other in an area 1.5" farther down. Weld both together making ONE shifter lever 1.5" longer.

If you you do a very clean job of welding/machining, you can powdercoat or use PU truck bed spray paint (hides all kind of irregularities) to spray over the finished product.

**Loosing the rubber on the end of the shifter will ALSO give you a little more clearance for your boot (about 3/4") access to the shifter. You don't have to put your foot over/under that 3/4"(the diameter of the rubber)**...

You WILL have a slightly longer shifter travel..

2- Adjustable footpegs (there was a recent post) can also move the pegs back accomplishing the same thing(at least space between the peg and shifter). Here's the E-Bay link; Black Shadow CNC Front Foot Pegs Rest 40mm for Yamaha FZ6 s Fazer 04 13 | eBay

Last edited: