Rate your chicken strips

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
hhmm ok lol but these sportec m5's elephants are annoying lol.

might also be with the way we design are roads in the uk (i should know i design them) although the planning guys never let me build nice sweeping bends, and we only have room for short sharp corners.

the think that confuses me is ive had the pegs down more than once but im still about 1-1.3cm from the edge of the rear tyre and thats where the elephant lives.

whilst we are on the point of lean angles....

ive done 31,000miles on the fz6 since september 2009 and naugtily ive only been wearing CAT boots (i know!!!) but this weekend i bought some riding boots tcx competizione s.
Ive always be a rider that moves around on the bike and pushes down on the pegs etc.....but instantly when wearing a pair of riding boots my lean angle has icreased alot with out any more pressure being applied to the pegs. to the point that last night i thought i had run out of front tyre.....

did anyone else experience increased lean angle whhen they rode with proper boots? is it due to the stiff sole directing pressure directly to the bike where as normal footware the sole of the shoe could soak up that pressure?

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
You put pressure on the outside peg to counter lean angle. To turn right, for instance, you push forward with your right hand, and backward with your left foot.

That makes you turn in faster and forces your body to the inside of the turn. Particularly if you're hovering in the seat like you should be. I've gone to the outside of my tire (well, maybe a quarter inch or so left) and I only hit peg today when I wasn't trying to burn it, so I was staying inline with the bike. I hit peg, dragged my foot, and of course survival reaction 2 (I think) chopping throttle, kicked in. :spank: I kept it in my lane though. That made me happy.