Rain gear: What do you have? How well does it work?

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
But it was my decision, essentially evaluating the risk and the consequences.

I have no doubt Vegasrider is capable of handling any condition in the correct manner, there will always be times in these types of conditions when it is simply not an option to stay up, no matter how good we think we are, and this is what we need to remember when choosing to head out in these conditions.

Over here in West Aus we get the some of the best conditions for riding, even at their worst. Our only major issue is when it doesn't rain for over 6 months, that first rain afterwards is murder. We don't get ice ;)

I use a Dainese D-Dry Jacket (think its G Racing or something...), same issue a few people have mentioned with the outer dripping everywhere, but nice dry underneath. Just got some DriRider pants that keep the water out nicely. Dainese Leather boots tend to leave me with damp socks in heavy falls :(

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear Daynese D-System D-Dry jacket and pants but only in very light rain because the jacket (4years old), soaks the water. The pants not so much (2 Years old). To avoid this I apply waterproofing spray in the jacket (outside).
So, when raining a bit more, I wear an over-jacket and over pants, just a plastic condom like thing...
Boots I wear my old Frank Thomas Apollo 102 gore tex (10 years everyday riding and not a bit of water).
Gloves I never had none really waterproof.

Acording to my experience, the water will eventually get a passage to our body. The most dificult places to avoid it are the neck and the hands.

I already wear an ""over-everything"" but it becomes so hot inside that plastic I start to sweat and wet anyway...

EDIT:
Wear all the gear 365 days a year, raining or sunny... the pants only with cold and rain, with 30°C (86°F) it gets very hot...

Last edited:

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I just use a 'Stich fer everythang. :don'tknow:

BB.jpg

When I was looking for better rain gear wet crotch seemed to be the problem with most products, even the high end stuff; the complaints were especially noticeable on 2 piece rain suits.

I'm hoping the liner for my pants work as well as the liner for my jacket in heavy rain (specifically at my crotch)! Same brand and build quality.

5099_original_tumblr_lo9b186zw61qihdwjo1_400.jpg
:rof::rof::rof: