R6 slip on pipe

azfz

Back in the saddle again!
Reaction score
Visit site
What would i have to do to my bike if i went and bought a two brothers single pipe slip on for an r6????

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
You wouldn't have to do much to put it on, problem becomes the huge hole you get where the stock exhaust was, there is a subframe thing under there that the exhaust normally hides. It is very ugly once exposed. This is assuming you mean 03-05 R6 slip-on. New R6 exhausts can fit, but require more modification.

azfz

Reaction score
Visit site
yea two brothers makes a mid pipe that goes on the side and would fit perfectly under the tail. I just dnt want to spend 800 bucks for a danged exhaust setup.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site

This is what it looks like with an R6 exhaust on. This is not my bike btw. I prefer side exhausts too, but that big underseat gap has kept me from changing over. I've only seen the shorty exhausts used. I'm not sure which one you are planning on using. Did you mean one like this?

Two Brothers Racing :: Yamaha R6

You can always get a Scorpion exhaust, a lot of people have them on here. Its made for the FZ6 so you don't have to worry about fitment and you can get them for under $500.

azfz

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea the two brothers pipe and slip it on up under the rear seat. and relocate my lp up under there to .

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand fully. You mean get the R6 exhaust and then modify it to go under the tail? I guess that could work, just be careful about the swingarm potentially hitting it since it would be coming from the side. It might be easier to just buy the muffler and have a place make you a custom midpipe that goes through the swingarm like our stock exhaust. People have done that before. I think the majority of the cost for our exhausts is because it uses two mufflers. The pipe in itself doesn't cost too much.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
save up man.. or just go sell a bunch of old stuff on ebay.. my guess is you really wouldnt be happy with the "space" that opens up from changing out to a single muffler.. good luck

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Somebody has put R1 pipes to Fz6.
Have you seen that?
It looks and sounds great, also cheap but it might be a bit hard to fit.

[
11111ws.jpg

Watch this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aaKOfczaEU]YouTube - FZ6 pots de R1 titane[/ame]

That would be a nice project.

Fazil

Last edited:

azfz

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a JY trip to me for some R1 pipes. And I will make them fit :) muahahaha