R6 Mirrors and Painted Windscreen Finished PICS

Mikejr8686

Reaction score
Visit site
Got the R6 mirrors on and blacked out the windscreen tell me what you think? :BLAA: Only took a short ride with the mirrors so I am not sure on how great they will be.

This pic is of one R6 and one FZ6 and the clear screen
006.jpg

Finished product
008.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice! What did you use to tint the screen? Also, please give impressions of the r6 mirrors. I would hope these give a better view of what's behind you. I would look to do this exact mod.

Thanks

Mikejr8686

Reaction score
Visit site
Have yet to really ride around with the mirrors on, to really give a valid opinion. The windscreen was painted with Krylon Fusion paint on the inside of the screen and it came out top notch. I think I paid less than $40 for these mods together.

link to the mirrors and yes they are a direct bolt on
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/2003-2008-Yamaha-YZFR6-Racing-Mirrors/dp/B00118661W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1267313087&sr=8-7]Amazon.com: 2003-2008 Yamaha YZF R6 R6S YZFR6 Black Racing Mirrors: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I just ordered the last set. Great price, hopefully they are functional. Thanks for the tip

Did you get your mirrors??
Just wondering as mine haven't arrived yet and I live about 44 miles from where they sent them, gotta love the USPS, I checked and it says estimated delivery on the 9th, should of went and picked them up in person:BLAA:

Jerry

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Usually I am right on top of when things should be delivered but this week with my mom being in the hospital I haven't had time.

The TecSpec tank pads came this week.

Hopefully the R6 mirrors come soon and I can find the time to install both at the same time.

Judging from the photos of the R6 mirrors in this thread installed on the FZ6 is appears they should give a broader view of what's behind you because the angle looks like they stick out to the side a tad more than the FZ6 mirrors.

I will post my impressions of the R6 mirrors once I get them installed and tested.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I hope your mom will be OK.

I got my mirrors today and they don't sit at the correct angle, they are to low. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the fairings from the 05-06's and the 07-09's? I know the windscreens won't interchange so maybe the mirrors mount a little different to.:confused:

Jerry

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to see in the mirrors from the 2010 Diversion F fit straight onto ours. I was reading in a bike mag that they are really tall. May be better than ours. Can any FZ6R F owners confirm this?

Mikejr8686

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after almost 600 miles at bike week in Daytona this weekend I can say I like the mirrors. The allow me to see more than just my shoulders and give a better view of whats to the side of me. The only complaint I have is that they shake a bit at high speeds but nothing to bad.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto that. Mirrors give a nice view. Inspires confidence riding with them. Not the highest quality pieces you could wish for but for the price they are very good. Some vibration but really not enough to bother me.