R6 Fork Mod - Wheel Spacers and Fender Tabs

03zq8

Reaction score
Visit site
Your're right, the fender tabs are for 04-06.

The wheels spacers will work for all years though.

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry might sound stupid, but with these spaces and tabs all I will need to do the R6 fork mod is the forks and calipers? Or would I need something else also?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry might sound stupid, but with these spaces and tabs all I will need to do the R6 fork mod is the forks and calipers? Or would I need something else also?

New brake lines... although you can use the current ones you may get a really bad angle on one of the hoses.

03zq8

Reaction score
Visit site
Curious, what are the spacers made out of? Is the cost any less just for a set of spacers?

The wheel spacers are made out of 304 stainless.

I had these made for another member when I had mine made, and he backed out so I have them extra. I'm not really looking to get more made, sorry.

Last edited:

03zq8

Reaction score
Visit site

You will also need 4 caliper shims. .750"OD x .400" ID x .100 thickness. I used washers that we had in our plant that were the exact dims i needed... I can't find anymore however.

Like stated above, most people also convert to braided stainless steel brake lines when doing the conversion. The stock lines are a fuzz too short.

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty interested in these spacers had another question tho, I already upgraded my lines to the HEL SS lines with 2 lines coming straight from master cylinder do you think I'd still need to get lines specific to the R6 forks?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty interested in these spacers had another question tho, I already upgraded my lines to the HEL SS lines with 2 lines coming straight from master cylinder do you think I'd still need to get lines specific to the R6 forks?

those should be long enough unless you ordered custom lengths