R6 fork mod questions

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
just got myself a 2006 FZ6 and my first big mod is going to be the 2004 R6 forks and brakes.
First question, does anyone know where can I get one of those popular fender brackets needed for the conversion that apparently no one makes anymore?
And second question. I'm about to order some of bride lines. The if I order them for the 2004-8 FZ6 woud they still be usable after I've converted to the R6 forks?

Thanks all for all the info and advice you provide here.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

No idea on the brackets but I have an Armour Bodies R6S fender for sale. Brand new, instilled, unpainted.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Great to know the lines are compatible!
I've just ordered a compete Goodridge kit (front and back) and managed to source a complete mod kit (forks, axle, shims and possibly calipers), just need to work out the shipping from the USA to Australia.

You're gonna need R6 OR 07+ FZ6 calipers to go with the forks, the 04-06 calipers won't work(plus they suck)

Good luck on the mod, it's worth it

I know about the brakes (see my first post).
In fact, the the brakes are the main reason I'm doing this mod. Coming from a Kawasaki Z750 '11 the brakes interest FZ6 feel like pushbike brakes (and the zed brakes were average to start with).
By thanks for the reminder anyway!

Back