R&G Crash Bungs

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I realised that crash protectors were needed to protect my poor bike after I managed to drop it after doing the classic trying to ride with my disc lock on! I found the R&G ones that would fit with the Yamaha fairing. Even better they were in "Aero" style, which looks so much nicer than the normal plastic tube look. These were a bit of a pain to fit as I found that unless I actually used the stock washers as well as the spacers and washer provided on the right-hand side it wouldn't tighten enough and the bobbin just span around.

I managed to cheat and not properly remove the fairing from the bike - just let it drop down out of the way when needed. Once I had screwed the bobbins in place and was sure that they fitted okay on both sides, I removed them one at a time and added thread-lock to the threads so they wouldn't vibrate lose. It's a pain to fit them as there are two different sized bolts and four different sized spacers. You have to read the instructions carefully to make sure you get them right.

First you have use a hole-saw to drill a hole where the engine bolt goes:-

It looks a bit crap until you actually fit the bobbins:-

The left-side bobbin with spacers and thread-lock shown:-

The left-side fitted:-

The right-side bobbin showing where I used the factor washers:-

The right-side slider from above:-

The right-side slider from the side:-

Both the sliders from the front:-

The left-side slider from the rear:-

Both the sliders from above the tank:-

Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those look pretty nice.. not fo me though. i dont think i could start cutting up the frame. just dont know enough to have someone like me do it..

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
those look pretty nice.. not fo me though. i dont think i could start cutting up the frame. just dont know enough to have someone like me do it..

You don't have to cut the frame - just the fairing. It's not too bad if you're vaguely naturally handy. I ****ed it up in a couple of places but it was either hard to see or covered. Holes can be filled and scratches can be covered with touch-up paint! :thumbup: The risk is part of the fun! :Flash:

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
guess I have to cut my lower cowls when they come, like you, I cant live without the frame sliders=p

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Well,- I guess YOU can live without them, - the question is weather your bike survive .... :)

haha true, I had the 1st fall 1 week after I bought this bike cause of slippery road while parking...dont wanna relive the horrible financial strain again:rolleyes:

tedrogers

Reaction score
Visit site
If you only have the half-faired version, is it a doddle to fit them?

Are they ugly without the lower-fairing covering those grey tubes?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
If you only have the half-faired version, is it a doddle to fit them?

Are they ugly without the lower-fairing covering those grey tubes?
Yup. It would be really easy to fit them to a non-faired bike. They'd stick out a long way and protect more engine bits etc. I would spray the grey aluminium spacers black first. Just use BBQ paint and leave it to dry for a week. Then they would look okay.

tedrogers

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup. It would be really easy to fit them to a non-faired bike. They'd stick out a long way and protect more engine bits etc. I would spray the grey aluminium spacers black first. Just use BBQ paint and leave it to dry for a week. Then they would look okay.

Ordered and on their way! :)

Cheers.