Quicki Ride report

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Met one of our new forum members who has been in San Diego for about 3 months and he had posted a query as to where the the good riding in SD area is.

We got together yesterday and road over the mountains and into the desert. We had a great time and rode up Banner into Julian where we had a great lunch. On the way back down the mountain from Julian, Ca.we saw my neighbor "Doc" on his big Stratoliner Cruiser. We whipped around and caught up to him and had a chat and then home. Beautiful weather although Anza Borrego Desert was 111 deg F.

Majdi and behind him is the desert below with the Salton Sea (Blue color) just below those mountains on the horizon.
PB%252520151.jpg

PB%252520153.jpg

Majdi meets the Yeti at Ranchita, Ca.
PB%252520149.jpg

Our Trusty Steeds!
PB%252520152.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics Cliff!

Damn you people being able to go for rides during the week - I have to work during those hours :(

I was working!

I'm the new official San Diego, Ca. Motorcycle Road Tour Guide! :BLAA: I wish! :rolleyes:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be cool actually, like a bass fishing charter, but for bikes! Rent a bike, then have Cliff show you where all the best twisties in Cali are... I'm in! :thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

I miss San Diego. Been gone for almost 11 years. Mt Laguna, Palomar, Julian... all good places to ride (I bet). I used to live over by the old Marshall Scotties so was close to the mountains. Heck, even when I lived in Escondido! Fallbrook... those would be good rides. Anyway, just jealous is all. Glad you guys had fun and shared pics!

BTW... my days off change every 4 weeks. Right now I have Tu/We/Th off. Next rotation I'll have Fr/Sa/Su off (only 2 more weeks and I can do weekend rides).

Last edited by a moderator:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Kenny on this one... at least get some decent boots. Small expense to save your hide!:spank:

Cliff, we should start putting you on the FZ6 payroll as the official SoCal road master.:thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics Cliff!

Damn you people being able to go for rides during the week - I have to work during those hours :(

No kidding Cliff, if you lived any closer I'd probably be out of business with all the time I'd be riding with you during the week! :BLAA: :D

Captain not sure

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear it bro. Speaking from unfortunate experience, the right gear can literally save you from serious injury from relatively minor accidents.:thumbup:

I got me the riding boots !! ( FOX COMP 5 ) they look awesome but they feel like iron casts around my feet ....breaking them in is going to be painful ...
on second thought I think I'm my legs are gonna be breaking in for the boots not the other way around lol.
and pants are still to come ...they didnt have my size .

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got me the riding boots !! ( FOX COMP 5 ) they look awesome but they feel like iron casts around my feet ....breaking them in is going to be painful ...
on second thought I think I'm my legs are gonna be breaking in for the boots not the other way around lol.
and pants are still to come ...they didnt have my size .

Great on getting your boots! There are a couple of different Comp5. Where did you get them from? They should be comfy. You don't want to be uncomfortable on your bike and you shouldn't be experiencing pain!:confused: