questions from a prospective buyer

brenke

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there,

I'm seriously thinking about trading in my Kawasaki Nomad for an FZ6. I need to go around corners again! The FZ6 reminds me a lot of the Yamaha Seca 550's I've owned in the past. I just got rid of the last one six months ago, and boy, am I sorry.

Anyway, I have just a couple of basic questions:
1 - What is the valve adjustment interval for the FZ6?
2 - Does the bike require regular or premium gasoline?

Thanks for the help.

brenke

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
My valves have been within spec since I last checked. They shoulf be checked every 26,000 miles.

Regular unleaded.

brenke

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the speedy response. I'm new to this forum stuff, so I hope I'm doing everything OK. You have quite a few miles on your bike. Has it been reliable?

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Welcome to the forum.

Most folks on here have ridden several other bikes of one kind or another and most will tell you that the FZ6 is the BEST "Do Everything" bike available for the money. That's not to say it is the best at any particular thing, but just a damn good all round bike.I use mine to commute to work 30 miles each way when ever it is not raining. Also travel about 150 miles each way to my summer home. Either way the bike is comfortable and fun.

My previous bikes have been older 750's and 1000's and I was affraid the FZ6 would not be powerful enough to keep me interested....I have been riding for over 24 years. I have found that even though the FZ6 is "only" a 600 cc bike, it has plenety of power for what I need it to do....oh and the handling isn't to shabby either. The fact that it is a middle weight bike makes it very flickable and fun to ride, also the riding position is aggressive enough to kick it up a notch when you want to and yet still comfortable for longer rides.

Anyway, I like the bike very much and although I will getting a larger "touring" bike at some point, I will probably keep the FZ6 because it is so much fun.

Hope this helps you spend some money on an FZ6;)

Later,

Burnspot

Reaction score
www.burningfiles.com
Hey there,

I'm seriously thinking about trading in my Kawasaki Nomad for an FZ6. I need to go around corners again! The FZ6 reminds me a lot of the Yamaha Seca 550's I've owned in the past. I just got rid of the last one six months ago, and boy, am I sorry.

Anyway, I have just a couple of basic questions:
1 - What is the valve adjustment interval for the FZ6?
2 - Does the bike require regular or premium gasoline?

Thanks for the help.

brenke

Valve question already answered, but the FZ6 runs just fine on normal gas (cheap stuff). My 2004 has run reliably since the day I got it, save for the TPS problem 2004's had (I still haven't done my official recall fix, but a dealer did fix it for me back in 2005). Heaps of power, very good in the corners and quite capable while riding 2up. Mine's getting ready to see hard luggage getting added finally (just bought the wife a Beetle today, so that prerequisite is out of the way, lol).