Question on HID headlight mod

LunchBox04V

That Subaru Guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and gals. I have been wanting to do a HID/projector install on my FZ since I purchased it. Recently I have been looking into this more, and have come up with a few ideas, and the resulting questions.... Lol so here is the idea.....(I will also send an email to RetrofitSource about the constant HOT Low beam once someone chimes in saying I'm not crazy. Lol)

I was going to purchase a HID/projector kit from RetrofitSource(Morimoto Mini H1). In their description of the conversion harness that is included, it only uses one connection to the factory harness to run the High/Low beam functions. What I was thinking of doing was.... (not looking at the bike right now) taking the Low beam power from the H7 filament(left side of bike) and plugging it into the open Low beam slot in the H4 side (right side of bike). Then, plugging in the conversion harness into the right side headlight connector (now with a high/low beam).

So, I guess the question is (aside from making sure the conversion harness can understand the logic of having a constant hot low beam) would this work? I guess more directly, do you folks see any flaws in my thinking? If this does not work, I will be doing the BD43 mod to make the HIDs work. Thanks for any insight that you folks can give, it will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I tried to find the eBay vendor that used to sell the H4/H7 setups previously discussed, and they don't have a kit like that anymore.... Though I think the morimoto's will work wonderfully. I will get a little experience with the RetrofitSource product when I install a D2S kit into a Subaru Forester in a few weeks.

Last edited: