Question about FZ1/drag bars

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
A question for those of you out there with either the FZ1 bars or drag bars. If you put these on the fizz are you able to still use the steering lock?
Cheers

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
A question for those of you out there with either the FZ1 bars or drag bars. If you put these on the fizz are you able to still use the steering lock?
Cheers

I've got the Gen II FZ1 bars and don't have a problem. I use 1" risers and no clearance problems. Didn't try lock-to-lock without the risers, since I knew I wanted a similar bar height, but I could tell it would be tight. I believe it would have been fine though.

Others without risers comment?

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Andy I forgot the Fz that I saw with the Fz1 bars he couldn't use his steering lock because he had his rotated down. He used to be on the forum here from Columbus.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 07 fz1 bars too and no risers.....love it, all you have to do is rotate them up a hair to clear the tank. I can use my lock, also. Might try some risers at some point. I think jblk9695 has some that are about 3/4in. tall for sale.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
I hve the FZ1 bars and just rotated them up slightly to get clearance and can go lock to lock w/o touching the tank. Not much clearance but that is because I rotated them just enough to clear. Love them, they are lower and forward from the stock bars but not too much. I'm 5' 10" and the airflow around my helmet is better, much smoother.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the fz1 bar and adjustable risers from speed fx, and I love both of them. Without the risers there is no problem to lock the bike, plenty of clearance, I also have the hvmp bar ends too.

Rhodar

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome im getting the naked headlight unit from vishnu soon and going to get these bars also and hopefully he setback plates, now to find a nice FE.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome im getting the naked headlight unit from vishnu soon and going to get these bars also and hopefully he setback plates, now to find a nice FE.

I really like the FAZR6 FE. They show up on fleaBay every now and then. I prefer the stock signals for visibility by the soccer moms in my area, this FE is designed to use them. Tucks everything in well, gets rid of that shovel on the back of these things

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I bought some fz1 gen II bars off the FZ1 forum. Hopefully I will get them sent to me...I haven't heard back from the guy since I paid him :(