Question about frame sliders

hansfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
:confused: This might sound like a stupid question, but here it goes. Which side should I put the longer and which side the shorter of the frame sliders. For now I've put the shorter on right side, when I sit on the bike.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:confused: This might sound like a stupid question, but here it goes. Which side should I put the longer and which side the shorter of the frame sliders. For now I've put the shorter on right side, when I sit on the bike.

Yup, the longer one goes on the left (as you sit on the bike). The engine case pokes out further on that side, so needs the longer slider.

BTW, the only stupid question is the one you DON'T ask.

:rockon:

hansfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Mike I got the Shogun sliders from Kneedraggers. Fit perfect and looks cool. All for around $50 total. I can't believe i didn't do this sooner. :spank:

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site

You were smart enough to ask. Glad you got some sliders... :)

shawn66mcl

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't feel bad, I got my shogun sliders in today, ripped them out of the packaged and just went @#$! which side is which. I guessed and hoped I had it right. So much for that 4 year engineering degree. I agree though, something I should have done long ago and they look good.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I found out the hard way. Put one in, put the other in, noticed it didn't fit, refitted the engine bolts, took them both out and played around with bolt/spacer/frame side combinations until it fitted! :D I still had to use the two stock washers on one side though! :eek: