Question about FAZR F/E Kit with Scorpion Exhaust

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question for anyone who has done the FAZR FE Kit mod and installed a Scorpion exhaust (I have the newer ones, maybe those have different mounts than the older ones) as well.

So here is the picture of the OEM fender monstrosity

manas12-albums-mod-question-picture3765-fender.jpg

I have circled the concerned part of this piece in the above image.

Now the scorpion exhaust comes with a mount plate which attaches right where the OEM exhaust is mounted, under the rear seat. (Sorry, I don't have pictures for this, but it looks similar to the part below, except it is larger in size )

manas12-albums-mod-question-picture3767-fender-mount2.jpg

One more

manas12-albums-mod-question-picture3766-fender-mount.jpg

Now this part is supposed to be fitted in area circled in the first picture, in the OEM fender, in the small bracket there. But the FAZR kit, gets rid of the whole thing and the only remaining thing from the original stuff is the license plate mount (if I remember it right) and it looks like this

manas12-albums-mod-question-picture3768-license-plate-mount.jpg

The two holes in the far ends are where the screws go to mount the plate on the frame and the two holes in the front are where the license plate holder goes. The scorpion exhaust also comes with a similar part, just with a different curvature so as to clear the bigger cans.

My problem is this. The scorpions also come with a small connector type part which connects the mount plate to the small part above to maintain a clearance between the license plate and the exhaust cans. Here's a picture of what the connector thing looks like

manas12-albums-mod-question-picture3769-mount-plate-connector.jpg

As you can see, there are two holes on this thing where one is attached to the part above where the hole juts out and there is a similar mounting point on the exhaust mount plate under the seat. This keeps a fixed distance between them.

If anyone else has done this mod and have run in to the same problem, can you tell me how you guys got around this? And if you haven't faced this problem, that means I did something wrong. Can you tell me what that is? Sorry for making this a long post, but this thing has been bugging me for a long time. And the reason for bringing this up is I think the contact between the license plate and the exhaust can increases the vibrations of the plate mount, and I have already lost one license plate :eek: and am trying to keep the one I have! I made sure that the new license plate was screwed on pretty tight and with some locktite.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Manas.

C

CombatPenguin

I have the new style cans as well and a fe that mounts the same way as the fazr one. I just didn't use any of the scorpion parts. I only used the cans and the y pipe and the part the cans bolt into under the seat and left everything else still in the packaging (the three parts you pictured).