Question about 07-08 FZ6 Front brake calipers?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I just purchased a set of 08 fz6 front forks for my 06fz6, for the primary reason, that i want to be able to have the 4 pot monoblock brake calipers on my bike.

Now i have the forks, but not the left & right 08 brake caliper assemblies. There are heaps of the Yamaha R6 4 pot monoblock calipers for sale on the net, and at wreckers, so availablity is not a problem.

Have done a part number search, and for the years from 1988-2004 the R6 brake calipers were unchanged, until Yamaha adopted radial calipers on the R6, all have basically the same part numbers, and all of these look almost identical to the 07-08 FZ6 front brake calipers, and share 4 common digits in the part number to all the r6's listed above.

So am pretty sure i have plenty to choose from.

But does anyone know for sure which Yamaha bikes share the same front brake calipers as the 07-09 fz6???????? Is it just the R6?

Have done a search, couldnt find much info i have not already seen.

:thumbup:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
hi im new to the forum...actually i have been using it quite a long time but never posted...

you could also try the yamaha bulldog. brakes and calipers look the same to me. i bet its rare as hen's teeth this bulldog bike tho. its the last pic of the 3. the first two pics are my ride.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My 04 Non abs FJR appears to have the same calibers as my 07 FZ6. The two plugs(with the star shape insert) are blue, not silver like the FZ. I did not try actually swapping them. Rebuilding them (sometime ago) was also the same...

Scott

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have since found out that these brake calipers have been used on heaps of Yamaha bikes....they are common as muck! But hey, they work real good, so it's a good thing.

:thumbup: