Quantum Levitation

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
This will blow you away !!! :rockon:

Imagine the possibilities: Roller coasters,Trains....Etc. :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA]Quantum Levitation - YouTube[/ame]

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to seeing where some of the new technology and designs are going to go in the next 5-10 years... this could change travel for many different countries...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing :rockon: Is this possibly to closest thing we have to real perpetual motion or would to eventually stop :confused: :don'tknow: Any science boffins here have some answers ??

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
That is very cool! Wonder what happens when the piece warms up?

The material restores its electrical resistance and the magnetic field is again able to penetrate the superconductor. In other words, a superconductor that is not in superconducting state has the same magnetic behavior as a piece of plastic.

Having said that, scientists are working hard to figure out what exactly causes the abrupt change to 0 electrical resistance which would potentially lead to the creation of superconductors that work at room temperature, which would be a massive massive breakthrough.

Off-topic:

It's kinda funny how this video became famous for no apparent reason. I mean, don't get me wrong - this is truly fascinating stuff. What's funny is that the science behind all of this has been known to mankind since the 1930s. People have been posting videos and all sorts of information about superconductors for a long long time and it was only after this vid popped up on break.com that this particular physics chapter became so popular and cool. It just goes to show how powerful media is :)