Puig Wind Screen

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anybody have a picture comparing the smoke vs. dark smoke Puig windscreen for a 2004 FZ6?

Thank You

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the light smoke racing screen if it helps.

Puig1.jpg

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
i have seen the 07's. They are small and stand out more to moe. Yours looks integrated so I guess the answer is no. You get teh Puig windscreen and I get a new swingarm :)

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
And here's dark smoke also on an 06. The double bubble makes a world of difference in the look of the bike...

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you very much......that's exactly what I was looking for!

You're welcome! :)
Puig makes a very nice product...and it's very, very easy to install. Probably took all of 10 minutes to remove the OEM screen and install the Puig. It took longer to get all the stickers off the new screen. Watch the silly plastic screws...they strip very easily if over-tightened....and don't forget the one under the "nose" of the screen.
I was a bit concerned that the Puig screen doesn't have the little 'anchors' for the front edge of the rubber mirror base shrouds, but after a week of hard and fast riding, the shrouds have never lifted....it's not an issue.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
OneTrack, I had problems with those POS screws also. I picked up some aluminum one made by motrax. They came with the rubber bases needed to secure them. They worked great....

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I knew that the aluminum windshield screws were available, but I haven't really been able to find any locally, and the cost of shipping makes ordering them on the 'net a bit prohibitive. We're probably going down to Burlington, WA in a few weeks, so I'll go to Cycle Barn or Skagit Powersports. They're bound to have them.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
And here's dark smoke also on an 06. The double bubble makes a world of difference in the look of the bike...

The dark smoke really suits the blue bikes. I considered the dark smoke, but it just didn't look right with the red, imo.
The double-bubble screen really gives an FZ6 dynamite looks!

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
That cool bro !!! Any idea which shop got the best deal ??? Thought of importing it for own use...

Mine came from Bayside Performance right here in Vancouver who are great to deal with.

Puig windscreens seem to be priced pretty much the same at most internet sites...go for the one that offers the best shipping cost.